+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Need always plays a part of every draft. But, the further you get into the rounds the less and less need plays into it and the more value plays into it.

I cannot think of any successful drafting team that seriously considers needs in the late rounds. It should be all about who has the best chance of playing in this league. So, while I understand the complaint about not taking a LB. In my opinion, that complaint applies to the 1st 3 rounds moreso than the day 3 picks. On day 3 you pick the very best players you can regardless of position.
    We've always addressed needs in the late rounds as well as the early.

Greg Jones and JWill two years ago or McCants and Mosely last year.

Additionally, your needs don't disappear just because you get into the later rounds. Either you have needs or you don't. As of this instant, linebacker is still a glaring potential hole in our defense.

Again I don't argue that Nassib wasn't a great value for a 4th round pick ... but that value will diminish each and every time he doesn't step out on to the field to contribute in a game. And you had some potential starting LBers in the 4th round that we passed on. I can only trust (with hands over my eyes) that the FO knows what it's doing.

However I will point out that we've been screaming to get quality LBers in here for a few years now and it came home to roost last year with the worst ranked run defense in the league.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    wow didnt realize he was that young. he has been in the league for quite some time. still best to have a rookie and groom him. Carr has limited potential.
    How much potential do you need to be a back up for the next 6-8 years?

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    How much potential do you need to be a back up for the next 6-8 years?
    thats the whole point....you never know when he will be needed. 6 to 8 years is only an assumption. With Carr you know if Eli goes down they are hosed. I like Carr as a team guy buy I have no faith he would lead the Giants to anything involving the post season.
    At least with Nassib he has the potential to be whatever he wants to be in the NFL. He is a clean slate. I would rather take my chances with im if he shows flashes in pre season.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    thats the whole point....you never know when he will be needed. 6 to 8 years is only an assumption. With Carr you know if Eli goes down they are hosed. I like Carr as a team guy buy I have no faith he would lead the Giants to anything involving the post season.
    At least with Nassib he has the potential to be whatever he wants to be in the NFL. He is a clean slate. I would rather take my chances with im if he shows flashes in pre season.
    The other question there is you don't know if you will ever see Nassib play in a meaningful game for the Giants. However we do know that we need LBers to play.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    However I will point out that we've been screaming to get quality LBers in here for a few years now and it came home to roost last year with the worst ranked run defense in the league.
    And that worst ranked run defense started with the injuries and the poor play on the DL. It's amazing how much better your LBs look in run defense when the DL is getting its job done.

The other question there is you don't know if you will ever see Nassib play in a meaningful game for the Giants. However we do know that we need LBers to play.
    Nassib being drafted has nothing to do with the Giants LB group. That is what it is. If they didnt draft Nassib at that spot maybe they dont even go LB anyway...Its the Giants value level they place on the position....
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Nassib being drafted has nothing to do with the Giants LB group. That is what it is. If they didnt draft Nassib at that spot maybe they dont even go LB anyway...Its the Giants value level they place on the position....
    Which is very possible, seeing as we didn't select a single linebacker in the entire draft.

Yeah I understand that, however it still doesn't address a very needed set of positions, while they addressed perhaps the most unneeded single position on the team.

The fact that it doesn't impact our LBers is the problem.

Yeah I understand that, however it still doesn't address a very needed set of positions, while they addressed perhaps the most unneeded single position on the team.

Seeing as we are playing an entirely new set of LBs this year, how do you know that our LB aren't already improved over last season?

I think the poor performance of the DL last year was more of a prob then the LB group.