+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    For the record.....GB didn't take Favre back because they knew that if they did, they would lose Rodgers the next year when his contract was up.
    If it can happen to Favre, (the most beloved Packer in history) does anyone really think it can't happen to Eli.
    Effectively, it happened to Peyton, too. Sort of. The legend let go for the sake of the team's future.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Here's a thought; suppose they sign him to a 3 year contract. If he's developing better than hoped, they could then tender him I believe as a 3 year veteran.
    If they tendered a QB and then he started...he'd bolt out of anger after year 4.
    Get well soon 80.

If they tendered a QB and then he started...he'd bolt out of anger after year 4.
    Your point?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Your point?
    I don't know...I forgot it.
    But whatever it was I'm sure it was insightful.
    Get well soon 80.

I don't know...I forgot it.
    But whatever it was I'm sure it was insightful.
    Indeed, as we've come to expect
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Effectively, it happened to Peyton, too. Sort of. The legend let go for the sake of the team's future.
    The difference is AR was the 24th pick of the draft, but he was projected to go much higher. Luck was the first pick of the draft. Nassib is a 4th round draft pick. The guy was drafted to be a back up that will receive the minimum versus what we pay for Carr.

Its never been the giants style to trade bait., i agree morehead. Eli may still be playing at a high level in 3 -4 years then i dont know what we do, hopefully re-sign Nas cheap

All-Pro
    first Nassib has to prove he is either worth keeping or worth trading....
    right now he is only worth a trip to training camp....
    everything else is just a guess.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    The only new LBer this year will be Connor and he was only a starter (last year) by proxy due to injury.

And I haven't seen any tape or analysis to suggest that he is an upgrade over Blackburn and he still has to learn our defense (not to mention the conversion from a 3-4 ILB to a 4-3 MLB and a totally new coach and team).
    Connor was a 43 MLB in Carolina.

However, we will be starting 3 different LBs than what we were last season, or mostly so. Last season was Boley, Blackburn, and Kiwi. This year it will be JWill, Connor, and probably Rivers. Who's to say that they will not perform better than last season's group?

That's fine but you get my point. I doubt Nassib will be "trade bait" he will play out his rookie contract and become a free agent.......if......
    1. He develops into a legit QB
    If Nassib will become trade bait if that happens. Unless the FO truly believes that Nassib is going to take over for Eli at the end of his current contract, you'd be high to think that they wouldn't trade Nassib if a nice offer came along (save to a division rival, but even then, if the offer is sweet enough).

3rd round contracts are for 4 years.