Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    He has a funny name, Hankins.

"I test how other people deal with reality"
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    i laughed but im not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...QFXVEN1GH8IU2I

Excerpt: "Everyone wants the new guy to look the part on the first day of a new job, but when Johnathan Hankins arrives on May 10 for the Giants rookie mini-camp, prepare to be underwhelmed.

“No, you’re not going to be real impressed,’’ Luke Fickell, Ohio State’s co-defensive coordinator, yesterday told The Post.
    Not impressed with the second-round draft pick?He’s not going to have veins in his arms or look like somebody where you’re going to go ‘Oh [expletive],’ ’’ Fickell said. “He’s going to have a gigantic smile on his face, he’s going to be happy-go-lucky but his body is not going to impress everybody. It’s not going to be ‘Oh [expletive], there’s Justin Tuck.’ Not going to see the veins bursting out. Like abs, everybody’s got ’em, some are just covered up. His are covered up.’’ Read more...
    Let me get this straight...they draft a guy with short arms in the first round and then a guy with no veins in his arms in the second? Fire our arm scouts now!!! They're terrible!

He was playing 70+ snaps per game. That's a lot of snaps for a 300 + pounder. Fatigue definitely played a huge part. What Impresses me is the way he runs down the field to chase down rbs. Lazy DTs don't do that. He won't need to play 70 snaps in our rotation.

^^Absolutely, alot of dominating dt's had tractor tires around their middle. I don't think a six pack is a necessity to playing great at DT. Linval Joseph doesn't have a six pack either and he turned out ok. I can't believe that coordinator would bad mouth his player this way especially a guy who played every snap on defense. .

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    He was playing 70+ snaps per game. That's a lot of snaps for a 300 + pounder. Fatigue definitely played a huge part. What Impresses me is the way he runs down the field to chase down rbs. Lazy DTs don't do that. He won't need to play 70 snaps in our rotation.
    THIS! this is really impressive. Heck Tuck was not even playing that many and he looked tired on most plays... ugh.
    This feat is really impressive for a dude that weighs over 300 lbs!

Plus he is 21 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Mr Hankins the Christmas Poo..

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    ^^Absolutely, alot of dominating dt's had tractor tires around their middle. I don't think a six pack is a necessity to playing great at DT. Linval Joseph doesn't have a six pack either and he turned out ok. I can't believe that coordinator would bad mouth his player this way especially a guy who played every snap on defense. .
    Who was badmouthing? Did you read the article? He basically said that Hankins' looks are deceiving.

I also agree about the 70+ snaps per game. How many snaps did our starting DTs have this year? (snap count thread, where are you?)

Im excited about what this kid brings to the Giants.