+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Video - Justin Pugh's performance at the Senior Bowl

Banned

Video - Justin Pugh's performance at the Senior Bowl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBTgjCE-aIg

just posted today

Discuss what you see on this tape.

This video is really unsettling... Pugh got abused by the guy I wanted in the 5th round, Cornelius Washington from Georgia. And Nassib looked bad as well.... ugh.
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

It was a so-so outing for him. He seemed overpowered on a few plays but he did have his moments where he reset and got the balance to withstand the bull rush. I wouldn't try to read too much into this game because he isn't going to be an NFL Left Tackle anyway and there's the fact he went up against arguably the best player in the Senior Bowl in Ansah for a good amount of those snaps. He looks really good on the move as his mobility is an obvious strength right away on tape and with about 5-10 more lbs of weight, he should be able to slide inside and give the Giants a technically sound guard who can be a future leader on this team.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    It was a so-so outing for him. He seemed overpowered on a few plays but he did have his moments where he reset and got the balance to withstand the bull rush. I wouldn't try to read too much into this game because he isn't going to be an NFL Left Tackle anyway and there's the fact he went up against arguably the best player in the Senior Bowl in Ansah for a good amount of those snaps. He looks really good on the move as his mobility is an obvious strength right away on tape and with about 5-10 more lbs of weight, he should be able to slide inside and give the Giants a technically sound guard who can be a future leader on this team.
    Not sure thats what I would want with the 19th overall pick though. I doubt he will be as solid as Snee was at his best and Snee was a 2nd rounder.
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Not sure thats what I would want with the 19th overall pick though. I doubt he will be as solid as Snee was at his best and Snee was a 2nd rounder.
    Yeah I don't really see a top 20 overall player when I watch Pugh either but it's obvious the Giants weren't really looking to get that out of the 1st round this year. The talent up top was either too raw and/or not that much higher than Pugh so the Giants seemed like they wanted to secure a safe and intelligent player instead.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

Veteran
    I'm trying to like this pick but the more videos I watch on him the more disappointed I am considering he went in the 1st round.. At this very moment we need a solid RT not a guard. I still believe he will be a good player for us.

I read reports that the reason he skyrocketed up draft boards was because of the senior bowl . Then I also heard reports that his senior bowl was underhelming. For each their own I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    agreed also blocking cloney also had some bad moments some good moments. we have a great coaching staff im sure they will have this kid ready to rock
    FUTURE NFL STAR

He's looken good. He maybe gave up one sack I believe and maybe could have gave up another one, but on that one though, the qb moved out of the pocket I believe. He looked good and proving me wrong.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    I read reports that the reason he skyrocketed up draft boards was because of the senior bowl . Then I also heard reports that his senior bowl was underhelming. For each their own I guess.
    Players are evaluated the ENTIRE Senior Bowl week. Not just in the game. The coaching staffs work with the players in the practices and classrooms also.

+ Reply to Thread