+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DVision View Post
    The Giants usually draft pretty well. They have a good scouting department. I have faith in Marc Ross. And as I said before the Senior Bowl is an ENTIRE week of activities. Not just the game! Seems our scouting department liked what they saw of Pugh during the week!

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...a-ddd8b1efb6d7
    They probably saw a guy that was willing to learn and had correctable bad habits. The Giants are good for picking the raw but athletic talent that they can usually make into something serviceable or better. I think that is what Reese means when he says best player available most of the time...someone that can adapt.

I saw a guy who handled the #6 overall pick more often then not. I also saw a guy who can reanchor when pushed back and was good at getting too the second level. Was able to handle the bigger guys and shows physicality putting guys on there backs. He needs to play with more leverage stood a bit to high and seemed to absorb the defender. Needs to add a bit more bulk, not to much because it may affect his mobility. I liked what I saw, I wouldn't put to much stock into this game. An OL and QB need more than a week of practice, when you know the tendencies of the players around you it makes the job easier.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotajoe View Post
    Didn't look like a first round talent or a tackle in the senior bowl. Pugh got abused on a lot of plays and looks somewhat undersized.

I like what I've seen from Moore and Hankins though. Hankins looks like a strong, strong lineman with a lot of pop.
    I thought he looked smallish as well, and was to ordinary to be taking in the 1st rd.. U should need more then versatility to make u a 1st rder, as tehres plenty of versatile lineman out there.. I thought he was more of a 3rd-4th rd prospect personally, but thats just me.. I think he'll be a Guard at the pro level , and have to get stronger and better against speed...

Still a decent player, but nowhere near a 19th overall type talent..

I think it was a bit of a reach , desperate for oline help - I think they wanted Chance Warmack, thinking he would still be around by 19. they did not expect the run on linemen so early.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...chance-warmack

not to say they didnt like Pugh
    Last edited by Harooni; 05-02-2013 at 07:21 AM.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by EliManningUp View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBTgjCE-aIg

just posted today

Discuss what you see on this tape.
    Did not look so impressive. Was easily bullrushed easily and his feet usually saved him- and got him into a position to at least not be totally out the play. He needs to add bulk and use his arms - dont care about the length. U compare to the other elite tackles like fisher or joekel- they just anchor so well. Pugh def got some work to do but i think he can be a pretty G and possibly RT.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    I think it was a bit of a reach , desperate for oline help - I think they wanted Chance Warmack, thinking he would still be around by 19. they did not expect the run on linemen so early.

They should of fully expected an early run on lineman and Chance to be well gone before 19. Almost every mock draft I saw had the top 6 lineman gone before us. If they were that desperate, they should of moved up in the first and not in the 4th.

5trive for Fiv5

The name William Joseph comes to mind. The last DT taken in a 1st round run of DTs. Hopefully Pugh will work out better.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post

Yah, I dont think we would have went this route if OTs werent flying of the boards like they were. I think it was a reach, but they obviously wanted to fill the position. I still cant believe we passed on guys like Werner, Rhodes, etc that slid to 19. Gonna have to trust JR on this draft because im still shaking my head.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

He was getting pushed back a lot at tackle in the passing game.. He looked better going up against DT's. Looks ok in the running game.
    Last edited by dezzzR; 05-02-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I know he didnt have a great senior bowl game. But according to my guy he had a very good senior bowl week. Meaning he was very good in practices, which is imho more important than the game.
    Right. You can only put so much stock into the Senior Bowl or East-West Shrine games. As long as you aren't extremely horrible (which Pugh wasn't) during the entire week, your stock will generally stay the same or move up/down only a few notches. Teams want to spend time interviewing and watching you in the drills as well. Someone like Pugh probably gets an increased draft stock because of his unusually high intelligence and leadership intangibles more so than because of his physical abilities. These events are there mostly to get an idea and feel of the smaller school prospects anyhow.