+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NFL Execs Express Concerns With Geno Smith

NFL Execs Express Concerns With Geno Smith

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...ith-geno-smith

Excerpt: "Several NFL executives who spent "extensive time" with Jets rookie Geno Smith before the draft believe Smith faces significant NFL roadblocks because he's "tuned out" and fails to realize he doesn't know everything." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Welcome to the jets
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

One thing I heard today that concerned some scouts, coaches and general managers during the WVA pro-day was that the reason Geno Smith was 'tuned out' was because he was busy tweeting and texting. I'm getting a Vince Young vibe or else his agent(who he fired) was giving him wrong PR guidance or none at all. You would figure, interviewing for the biggest job of your life you would be attentive and 'play the game'.

That was on The Colin Cowherd Show on 5/1/2013. They were talking about an article from Jason Cole on Yahoo.

Excerpt:

Two sources indicated that when Smith went on some visits to teams, rather than interact with coaches and front-office people, he would spend much of his time on his cell phone. Instead of being engaged with team officials, he would be texting friends or reading Twitter or a number of other distracting activities.

“All these other players who were in there were talking to the coaches, trying to get to know people and he was over there by himself,” one of the sources said. “That’s not what you want out of your quarterback.”

Apparently he fired his agent(s) because they couldn't stop his free fall from the first round. I believe the two sources were identified as agents. Supposedly his agents him to skip the Senior Bowl.

Here is a link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ip-senior-bowl

The Jets sure know how to draft.
    Last edited by Rat_bastich; 05-02-2013 at 05:04 AM.

Starter
    Geno has a massive ego apparently. Too busy texting, Tweeting while meeting potential organizations, teams that could have been interested in drafting him. His temper tantrum about not returning for Friday's second round after getting bypassed in the first. He doesn't listen, Rex Ryan has nothing to offer to a QB, perfect match and welcome to the Jets. I also wonder if he'll be signing with Jay Z's agency now?

Duh.... Everyone was like "Geno Smith is a top 5 pick. He is going to be great." all off season. I was never on that train. I saw Syracuse and Ryan Nassib beat him 3 times in a row, once on the road, once at home and once in Yankee stadium.

Geno will be a horrible NFL QB. Ive been saying that since last year. Thats why I was hoping the Eagels would take him. Eh, Barkley wont be that good either, but probably better then Geno.

5trive for Fiv5

One thing I found too funny is

"Smith, who at one point was expecting to be the No. 1 overall pick and at least a top 10 selection, has big plans for his career. Smith, according to the sources, hopes to emulate players such as Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers, putting himself cut above the rest of the quarterback fray"

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ge...183846651.html

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Blue View Post
    One thing I found too funny is

"Smith, who at one point was expecting to be the No. 1 overall pick and at least a top 10 selection, has big plans for his career. Smith, according to the sources, hopes to emulate players such as Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers, putting himself cut above the rest of the quarterback fray"

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ge...183846651.html
    I know there is such a thing about confidence, but also players need to at least stay in the realm of reality. I'm thinking more Vince Young and Ryan Leaf. I can see that first interview by a New York reporter after a loss. In fact I look forward to it.

+ Reply to Thread