+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: johnathan hankins and family watching him get drafted (vid)

Veteran
    Incredible to watch Pugh and Hankins and their family's react to coming to the Giants. Goes to show you how big of a deal it is for these guys to be selected to come to this team and play for one of the most successful franchises in all of sports.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    Incredible to watch Pugh and Hankins and their family's react to coming to the Giants. Goes to show you how big of a deal it is for these guys to be selected to come to this team and play for one of the most successful franchises in all of sports.
    or maybe they would have been that happy had any team selected him. The celebration is about a family member accomplishing a goal of playing professional football. It's not about the Giants.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    or maybe they would have been that happy had any team selected him. The celebration is about a family member accomplishing a goal of playing professional football. It's not about the Giants.
    Truth is we cannot determine that one way or the other. I'd like to think that perhaps a bigger reaction happens because it is the Giants. Few teams ever win two Superbowls twice in 5 seasons on 2 different occasions in their history as a franchise let alone in just a 25 year time span. Not to mention the Giants are an original team that was founded in the 1920's with a rich, classy history that helped shape the NFL into what it is today. Don't undersetimate how much more exciting it might be to a player to be drafted by an organization like the Giants rather than to some other random team as well as to get to play in the best sports region in the country.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

could have sworn i saw his manager on Love and Hip hop
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    could have sworn i saw his manager on Love and Hip hop
    At least it's not Jay Z

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Meanwhile everyone on here was like NOOOOOOOO! Haha..
    lol
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    Truth is we cannot determine that one way or the other. I'd like to think that perhaps a bigger reaction happens because it is the Giants. Few teams ever win two Superbowls twice in 5 seasons on 2 different occasions in their history as a franchise let alone in just a 25 year time span. Not to mention the Giants are an original team that was founded in the 1920's with a rich, classy history that helped shape the NFL into what it is today. Don't undersetimate how much more exciting it might be to a player to be drafted by an organization like the Giants rather than to some other random team as well as to get to play in the best sports region in the country.
    Dude wake up. The whole family was cheering and crying. Do you think his mother cares if it's the Giants or the Jags? Not a chance. Her baby is accomplishing his dream. They all would have been happier if he was the first pick in the draft and went to the Eagles, our hated rival. Now the player might be excited to be with one team over another, but family is going to root for him no matter what team he lands on and no matter round he's drafted in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    At least it's not Jay Z
    What do you care who his manager is? Is he sending you a cut?

Veteran
    Dude wake up. The whole family was cheering and crying. Do you think his mother cares if it's the Giants or the Jags? Not a chance. Her baby is accomplishing his dream. They all would have been happier if he was the first pick in the draft and went to the Eagles, our hated rival. Now the player might be excited to be with one team over another, but family is going to root for him no matter what team he lands on and no matter round he's drafted in.
    Maybe so but you cannot prove it one way or the other. If his family other than maybe his mommy, follows the NFL closely (which I am sure they do moreso than the average Joe) they know where the best places to go are and I'd put money on it that a good portion of the people in that room were extra pumped up because he was going to the Giants. You can believe your theory if you so choose but I will still have a little extra smile when I see reactions like the ones we saw with Pugh and Hankins when it was the Giants who drafted them. You want to be a grumpy sour puss because you think the reaction is probably what it would have been regardless of the team then you go ahead.

What do you care who his manager is? Is he sending you a cut?
    I understand where he is comming from. We are all still annoyed about Cruz remaining unsigned and since Cruz is being represented by Jay z, we just don't want to deal with a situation like that anytime soon. If Cruz holds out, signs the tender and joins another team next year, Jay z's popularity will drop to some degree (At least amoung Giants fans).

To be honest though, these two players are in completely different situations and it really deons't matter who is representing him.

+ Reply to Thread