+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    same here. I was one of those guys not liking the pick at all..mainly due to reading GARBAGE scouting reports on this kid. The more research I do on him, the more I'm liking the pick. Whoever said he was lazy and had poor work ethic is crazy, it's not true at all..He's a good kid and hard worker and I take back what I originally said.
    Same here.......Guessing my desire for a top LB caused tunnel vision. Calmed down now.
    GO GIANTS

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan27 View Post
    not sure how to embed on this site, but here he is at his home on draft day. what an awesome moment its gotta be for these guys. welcome to NY big hank!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHMFZN0mdp8

AND...................

will look even better when he gets his BLUE ON!

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    Truth is we cannot determine that one way or the other. I'd like to think that perhaps a bigger reaction happens because it is the Giants. Few teams ever win two Superbowls twice in 5 seasons on 2 different occasions in their history as a franchise let alone in just a 25 year time span. Not to mention the Giants are an original team that was founded in the 1920's with a rich, classy history that helped shape the NFL into what it is today. Don't undersetimate how much more exciting it might be to a player to be drafted by an organization like the Giants rather than to some other random team as well as to get to play in the best sports region in the country.
    Yes we can determine that this is more homerism at its best. You're not alone, there is a lot of it on this board. Let's just think about it. If a family member calls you to come to a draft party. You know you will celebrate as long as he gets picked, not as long as he gets picked by a certain team. Unless of course your Eli Manning, then you can thumb your nose up at being the first pick in the draft and force a trade (just a joke for the Eli fanatics on the board). I think you are right. You do want to go to a good franchise that competes ever year, but the overwhelming joy is primarily about just joining one of the most excusive clubs for professional athletes in the world- the NFL.
    Last edited by B&RWarrior; 05-03-2013 at 12:47 AM.

That's awesome and congrats to Mr. Hankins -- it'll be good having him on the team.

After watching the Pugh and Hankins videos, I would much rather be at home celebrating with my family and friends than at the draft itself. I don't believe that I'll ever be drafted, so I'll never face this choice.

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    Maybe so but you cannot prove it one way or the other. If his family other than maybe his mommy, follows the NFL closely (which I am sure they do moreso than the average Joe) they know where the best places to go are and I'd put money on it that a good portion of the people in that room were extra pumped up because he was going to the Giants. You can believe your theory if you so choose but I will still have a little extra smile when I see reactions like the ones we saw with Pugh and Hankins when it was the Giants who drafted them. You want to be a grumpy sour puss because you think the reaction is probably what it would have been regardless of the team then you go ahead.
    Honestly, I think B&R Warrior is right. We saw a lot of families last weekend celebrating with their son similar to the way the Hankins & Pugh celebrated when their sons got the call. And I think some of Justin Pugh's family and friends are Eagles fans. But the celebrated and cheered for him on the very special moment. It is an accomplishment very few people achieve.

I'm a huge Giants fan, but if my son or nephew gets drafted by another team I will be cheering and be very happy for him.

I don't get tired of saying what a pleasant surprise was seeing Big Hank getting drafted by beloved Giants. Hope nothing but the best for my big boy Hank.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Honestly, I think B&R Warrior is right. We saw a lot of families last weekend celebrating with their son similar to the way the Hankins & Pugh celebrated when their sons got the call. And I think some of Justin Pugh's family and friends are Eagles fans. But the celebrated and cheered for him on the very special moment. It is an accomplishment very few people achieve.

I'm a huge Giants fan, but if my son or nephew gets drafted by another team I will be cheering and be very happy for him.
    Again, it is a matter of opinion. You and B&R believe they are as happy as shown in the clips because their family member or good friend was drafted to the NFL. I believe the fact that the Giants drafted them adds significantly to the elation. Unless you interview every one of those folks who were in the rooms you cannot know for sure if their elation is solely due to fact that both players are going to the NFL or if it is that they are going to the NFL AND playing for one of the best franchises in all of sports as well. None of us know for sure but that doesn't mean I am not entitled to throw on an extra smile because I believe the Giants drafting them makes the moment for all involved just a little extra special. It isn't so homerist to think that way. If it was the Steelers we were talking about or the Packers or 49ers or heck even the Cowboys I'd say similar. These are the most successful teams in the best/most popular sport in the country and anyone getting drafted to those teams have to have some extra excitement that they are going there.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 05-03-2013 at 09:56 AM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Was anyone else waiting to see if one of the people jumping up and down was going to get their hand smacked by the ceiling fan??

Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post
    I understand where he is comming from. We are all still annoyed about Cruz remaining unsigned and since Cruz is being represented by Jay z, we just don't want to deal with a situation like that anytime soon. If Cruz holds out, signs the tender and joins another team next year, Jay z's popularity will drop to some degree (At least amoung Giants fans).

To be honest though, these two players are in completely different situations and it really deons't matter who is representing him.
    Cruz's negotiation has nothing to do with Jay-Z. Condon is the one representing him. Jay-Z is just a famous name associated with the firm.

so now we have to psychoanalize a family's reaction to a kid getting drafted......wow...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch