+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants QB choice vs

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    We drafted Damontre Moore, whos Charechter is about as questioned as anyones in the draft..

mark this down., Nas is a better QB prospect than Geno Smith. Nas is smarter and more well spoken.

Coughlin using his Tablet

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    mark this down., Nas is a better QB prospect than Geno Smith. Nas is smarter and more well spoken.
    Ahhhhh yes smarter and more well spoken. Tell me off hand what are the two players IQ, SAT or ACT scores. Dave Brown was a Duke graduate. I bet he was fine orator... a lot of good that did us on the football field. Nass won't see the field for the Giants if we are lucky and nobody gives a crap what the back up quarterback thinks about anything, so his uber articulation ability will fall on deaf ears.

If he develops into a starter quality QB then he will leave the Giants via free agency. David Carr is the better back up right now probably for the next 2 years. Nass won't get the playing time he needs to develop fully. At the least Eli has 6 years left. It's a bit premature to look for his successor IMO.
    Last edited by B&RWarrior; 05-02-2013 at 10:19 PM.

Boyz got him some guns too.
    No one remembers who came in second.

As long as Sanchez is still stinking up the joint, the Giants will be way better at QB...

We gave up two #1 picks and more to get Eli, so I sure hope he's better than Sanchez. The Jets obviously made a mistake with Sanchez, but that was another GM's mistake.

Regarding Nas and Geno, they were hired for different reasons. Jets are still looking for their starter. They hired a good QB, who potentially can fill the QB role, this year and going forward. There is no need to detract from their pick at this time. I'll bet every team had Geno rated higher than Nassib.
    Do not feed the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Thanx :-) Good posts usually receive trouble because concerning the subject matter those replying didn't think of it.
    yeah I am jealous you made an assumption based on one paragraph's worth of information...
    You are entitled to your opnion but its based on nothing but a first impression of two unknowns......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    yeah I am jealous you made an assumption based on one paragraph's worth of information...
    You are entitled to your opnion but its based on nothing but a first impression of two unknowns......
    Wow! My first impression of your response has left me speechless. Well not really. My impressions were based on comments from NFL execs who witnessed, and/or had first hand experience of Geno Smith's pre-draft behavior when he visited several teams and the fact that he had to be talked into having to stay at Radio City through the second round because he felt he was dissed. I also observed him to appear as to have an angry countenance when taking the stage at Radio City. My observation is that is not leadership qulaity and I believe immature and may well hand the Jets a problem child unles he can pull himself out of his self-inflicted funk. And ypu're correcr, my opinions are mine to have and with a right to express. Time and incidences may well prove me wrong, but also may prove me correct. You almost seem to be defensive about Smith maybe because ypu don't like Nassib. Whateverrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Wow! My first impression of your response has left me speechless. Well not really. My impressions were based on comments from NFL execs who witnessed, and/or had first hand experience of Geno Smith's pre-draft behavior when he visited several teams and the fact that he had to be talked into having to stay at Radio City through the second round because he felt he was dissed. I also observed him to appear as to have an angry countenance when taking the stage at Radio City. My observation is that is not leadership qulaity and I believe immature and may well hand the Jets a problem child unles he can pull himself out of his self-inflicted funk. And ypu're correcr, my opinions are mine to have and with a right to express. Time and incidences may well prove me wrong, but also may prove me correct. You almost seem to be defensive about Smith maybe because ypu don't like Nassib. Whateverrrr
    just busting your chops Bro....dont take it personally. I am a wiseass....
    I am denfensive on Smith at all. He's a Jet and thats his problem. I like the Nassib draft too. I like the fact that the Giants may have a potentially productive back up. They never really have in Eli's tenure. Carr is done IMO. Great team guy but thats abotu it. At least with Nassib there is a clean slate and an unknown.
    As far as their individual personalities....the Giants 90% of the time draft for character as well as potential/talent. Thats their MO for the last several seasons.
    Geno Smith will get a good dose of humble pie this preseason. That may get his perceived attitude in order. If it doesnt then he is done before he even starts.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Agreed x100 that he will be a better QB, not because he is more well spoken though.

I also am willing to bet Nassib will be better then Barkley. I am not sure he will be better then Glennon or Wilson though. I also like Landry Jones. It really will depend on if the Giants ship him somewhere and where that place is. I liked EJ Manuel, until he went to Buffalo. If he went to Miami or San Diego, he would of had a better shot IMO.

Geno wont be able to handle the NY pressure, especially in that Jets circus. Barkley will be a backup option in Philly, behind Vick this year and I feel next year Chip Kelly will get his future QB. There was just too much value for them not to get Barkley where they did, like we did with Nassib.

Personally, I would of waited till the 7th round to get our backup QB in Matt Scott or Jordan Rodgers. I feel like those 2 would of been adequate choices for us in the situation we are in.

+ Reply to Thread