+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Giants QB choice vs

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Nassib sucks. I can't believe the Giants drafted him. LOL at people here saying he's better than Smith. Put the pipe down fellas.
    What's up with the hostility and personal attacks?
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    What's up with the hostility and personal attacks?
    Pot calling....

He panics when he sees college players come at him I can't imagine what will happen in the NFL. Don't want to either.
    Did you even know that Syracuse existed before Saturday?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Pot calling....
    Well of course, if you're going to come on here insulting people, then obviously you're going to get it back.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

I don't follow college ball and I'm no draftnik. All I know about future pro prospects is what I hear from those professionals who do make a career out of closely following and evaluating them. And what little I know about any Giants pick is what I read and hear about them after the pick from those same professional analysts, as well as from the Giants FO.

Having established my (lack of) bona fides, I will say this--

Over the past 3-4 weeks Geno Smith has risen to a high profile controversy due to a combination of his abilities and achievements during his college career, and his very public reactions to the accumulative evaluations by these professional draft analysts. Their consensus before the draft, as I understood it, was that most considered him to be the best of the 2013 QB class, but just barely. There was also agreement that there was a strong likelihood that none of the QB prospects would go in the 1st round.

The fact that this prognosis applied to all the QB prospects--with the slight possible exception of Smith--yet Smith was the only one of them who felt compelled to complain publicly about the projections, was at the time a big red flag imo.

That big red flag only got bigger and redder as last Thurs night wore on, until Smith pulled an "Achilles" act and went into his tent to sulk Thurs night.

These events involving Smith lead me to a similar opinion of Smith that the OP articulates here.

Whenever I see Geno Smith in the media, I am not reminded of a future Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, or even of Ryan and Flacco, or Luck, Griffin, Wilson, and certainly not Eli.

When I see Geno Smith I cannot help but instead be reminded of Jeff George, Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell. Big arm, lots of so called talent as a passer, extraordinary high self-opinion of his talent, but a monumental loser as a pro QB leader of an NFL team.

Of course we are all speculating now, and of course "time will tell". But if you observe human behavior over a long enough period of time, especially that of a particular group of people--like NFL QBs, for example--there are certain "tells" that reveal an early look at an individual's potential for success.

The Geno Smith "tells" are not very encouraging to many observers including myself.
    Last edited by gmen46; 05-03-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Well of course, if you're going to come on here insulting people, then obviously you're going to get it back.
    Two posts in a row not mentioning giantsfan420. You're on a roll today. Keep up the good behavior.

He panics when he sees college players come at him I can't imagine what will happen in the NFL. Don't want to either.
    Have you actually watched Nassib play? His o-line apart from Pugh gives up tons of pressure and Nassib does a really good job of dealing with it. I would say dealing with pressure is actually one of his strengths. The game against Rutgers is the only one I can think of where he just looks bad.

Nassib's biggest weakness by far is his deep ball. He very often puts too much air under it and thus under throws it. If you're going to knock him for anything, it should really be that and not his handling of pressure. Since you didn't even point out the rather obvious weakest part of his game, it really makes me think you haven't watched him.

Nassib will get to ride the bench and work on the flaws in his game, whereas Geno may very well be thrown into the fire with the Jets. Plus Geno gets to learn from Sanchez as opposed to Eli. Nassib might not end up being our future at quarterback, but I don't think it is by any means a stretch to think he has just as good a chance of succeeding in the NFL as Smith.

Two posts in a row not mentioning giantsfan420. You're on a roll today. Keep up the good behavior.
    Again with the personal attacks. The Nas pick has you very angry I see. You feel threatened?

Again with the personal attacks. The Nas pick has you very angry I see. You feel threatened?
    I think a couple of his screen names got banned Rosie. He's down to this one and a new one he started a few days ago. I think its "ill" or something like that.
    Wouldn't it be funny if he turned out to be an 80 year old grandmother?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I think a couple of his screen names got banned Rosie. He's down to this one and a new one he started a few days ago. I think its "ill" or something like that.
    Wouldn't it be funny if he turned out to be an 80 year old grandmother?
    lol. Obviously troubled.

+ Reply to Thread