+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Nas Scouting Report

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Pugh has GOT to be called T Rex.
    Trex are for kids
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    depends on who has the better training camp and pre-season. Last year's pre-season Carr looked awful. If Nassib picks up the playbook quickly I would have no problem with the Giants cutting Carr
    Exactly my point, camp should give us a better idea. I'm OK if all we get out of Nassib is a QB who we can trust to come in and get the job done. A feeling I haven't had recently.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I'm reserving my judgement on the Nassib pick until I see the kid on the field. I didn't watch him play much in college. He will have one of the best QB's in the league to learn from, he should be fine. Carr still looks rattled in the pocket from his time with the Texans

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    and the next thing you know the player in front of him goes down. Knock on wood for Eli.
    this is when the Giants fans that hated the pick will go ohhhh shewww.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    this is when the Giants fans that hated the pick will go ohhhh shewww.
    So in your mind, he's already leapfrogged Carr as the 2nd stringer?

Mind you, you were more than confident that Carr could take over for an injured Eli and the beat would go on, and now you are just as confident that a guy who has never taken a snap in the pros could do it.

Why if I didn't know any better, I would say it seems like you are desperate to believe that Eli could easily be replaced.
    This space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post

Mind you, you were more than confident that Carr could take over for an injured Eli and the beat would go on, and now you are just as confident that a guy who has never taken a snap in the pros could do it.

Why if I didn't know any better, I would say it seems like you are desperate to believe that Eli could easily be replaced.
    no with carr i felt he might be able to manage a game. with this kid i feel he can win with his arm. but really im talking out of my butt im only speculating . we will see

Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post

Yeah, I think it's a bit much. I've always viewed Carr as one of the elite backup QBs in the league. The idea that a rookie that has never played a snap in the pros, much less ran the complex Gilbride offense will outperform him is not based in reality. I am not for cutting Carr this year. God forbid Eli has to miss a couple of games, we still have a chance to win a game with Carr at QB.

in theory you guys are correct, no idea if he can beat out Carr yet, but from what I saw and Gather , he is younger and may not have that oline panic Carr has. like i said we will see.
    to be fair i dont think pugs will start at Tackle day one., so i see where you are coming from

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    no with carr i felt he might be able to manage a game. with this kid i feel he can win with his arm. but really im talking out of my butt im only speculating . we will see
    Nassib doesn't have a better arm than Carr.

+ Reply to Thread