+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    For some strange reason, Ryan Nassib is becoming a hated Giant among a small, but enthusiastic band of posters here.

Why would that be?
    I ask the same question for the people who are pushing out the man who brought two superbowls too this Franchise.

Why are people pushing him out?

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I like the idea that we MAY have a future QB that Eli mentors. I don't know if that's Nassib or not, but I'd rather Eli have a hand in molding his replacement whoever that turns out to be.
    It seems we are both not fans of the idea of having a rookie QB step in right away. I've always said that Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL now because he was able to sit for all of those years and perfect the mental aspects of the game. The Packers are a great franchise and do many things right. QB development would be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    I ask the same question for the people who are pushing out the man who brought two superbowls too this Franchise.

Why are people pushing him out?
    I don't think anyone is looking forward to Eli leaving. But he is probably going to leave within the next 10 years.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

The jets are about as dysfunctional a team as there is IMO. Now they've gone after a QB who seems to have serious image issues.
    The fans who are so keen on Nassib are making the Giants to be out the Jets in this exact way. They're pushing out our current QB for an unproven Rookie who as of right now has no guarantee he'll be any good in the NFL. This is actually worse than saying "Oh, in three years Tebow can be our starter." because we have no guarantee that Nassib will be better than Tebow in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    It seems we are both not fans of the idea of having a rookie QB step in right away. I've always said that Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL now because he was able to sit for all of those years and perfect the mental aspects of the game. The Packers are a great franchise and do many things right. QB development would be one of them.
    I don't think many draftees are in a position to start in year one and that's especially true of QBs. In three years, maybe Nassib will be ready and maybe Eli won't. I am, again, just glad they are looking forward.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I don't think anyone is looking forward to Eli leaving. But he is probably going to leave within the next 10 years.
    No RF, you can't be neutral here and you have to face the facts, some people on this board are keen on Eli's departure and want it ASAP. Without a doubt Eli will be gone within 10 years, I hope he can play at a top 5 QB level for 100 years so we never have to draft a new QB and roll the dice lol, but we know that's not gonna be the case. I've been saying the whole time with this debate between the people who want Eli gone vs the people who are realistic about Nassib that Eli is not going anywhere for probably at least 5 years, and Nassib's contract will be up by then, and right now we have no guarantee Nassib will be any better than David Carr, he's a 4th round pick who not even his former coach wanted.

I don't think many draftees are in a position to start in year one and that's especially true of QBs. In three years, maybe Nassib will be ready and maybe Eli won't. I am, again, just glad they are looking forward.
    Rodgers was a first round pick who many people around that time knew he was gonna be something special, but needed time to sit. That's why the Packers grabbed him in the first round and didn't let anyone take him. If Nassib was that good of a prospect he would of been gone by the 4th round.

The fans who are so keen on Nassib are making the Giants to be out the Jets in this exact way. They're pushing out our current QB for an unproven Rookie who as of right now has no guarantee he'll be any good in the NFL. This is actually worse than saying "Oh, in three years Tebow can be our starter." because we have no guarantee that Nassib will be better than Tebow in any way.
    There are never any guarantees. Nassib was a surprise pick and we are all getting used to the idea that Eli will depart SOME DAY and the FO is making moves to be prepared for that. I don 't think it will be Nassib as I see Eli playing for another 5 - 6 years. But, in case of injury, we need to have someone in the wings we can depend on.

# 80

Rodgers was a first round pick who many people around that time knew he was gonna be something special, but needed time to sit. That's why the Packers grabbed him in the first round and didn't let anyone take him. If Nassib was that good of a prospect he would of been gone by the 4th round.
    We won't know until we see how he develops but you could be right. If he's better than Carr and Painter, mission accomplished.

# 80

I want him too be a good QB RF, I'm not lieing when I say I do. I'm just surprised at how many people here are so quick to push Eli out right away after seeing absolutely nothing from Nassib. They have profound expectations out of this guy and well, it just doesn't make sense too me. It's just like "Really..... come on."