+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Starter

Fell in love with Cooper Taylor 10 min ago

Guys, we know Fewell loves the 3 safety set. It makes sense because the NFL is changing to where the TEs are more athletic and faster. Traditional LBs would struggle against the 2 TE set. After watching Cooper Taylor's highlight video, this is a big, athletic safety that is more-than-capable of working in the box as well as covering a speedy TE. What about the read option the Skins run? With Taylor on the field, he'll have the ability to make a play in our favor.

A self disclosed Buckeye here, I watched Hankins make plays throughout his career here. Yes he may not be that dominant DT that pressures the QB; he's a very strong guy that always moves forward, forcing the defense to abandon the run/draw up the middle and work the ball outside. This is where the 3 sefety defense can make plays! Hankins could force teams to put the ball in the air, allowing Taylor, Webster, Prince and company to make a play!

I loved the Pugh pick to add talent to the O-line, but I think Reese saw Hankins helping with the run stop, which would boost JPP and Tuck's game AND allow the secondary, including mister Taylor or Stevie Brown to make a game-changing play!

So I love the Taylor pick. Look at his film and you may be able to envision him playing better in the Deon Grant role!

Oliver

Prbably just camp fodder, don't expect miracles when he hits the big leagues.

I have to agree with NorwoodBlue, I would love it if he actually amounted to something, but probably not.

you guys act like he has no chance, like a 5th round pick cant stick. he has every chance in the world to make this team.

All-Pro
    Look who hey have playing Safety now. Why couldn't this guy make the cut?

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Yea like Mundy and Sash are shoe ins.. doudt it

All-Pro
    Brown and Hill where UDFA's.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    you guys act like he has no chance, like a 5th round pick cant stick. he has every chance in the world to make this team.
    Exactly ELI_HOF_NYG. The guys above didn't consider Bradshaw or J. Williams. What I find interesting is some guys on this board have their minds already made up and offer their opinions....which is great...I love that. But I'd ask those guys to put yourself in Jerry Reese's shoes and look at the picks again. Guys have to realize there will be a free agency period where the Giants can pick up other guys from other camps. I know....we build teams through the draft but the front office knows secrets about this team that we will never know. Last year's draft might produce a future star...right? Will Brewer step up? What about the TE Robinson from Cincy? He could be a star in the making. Maybe not but the front office understands this team far better than we do so and they've earn 100% of my vote. I bet they laugh at the fan conversations when they hear them. The front office isn't stupid. Have faith!

I'm pulling for the kid.

If he makes it the team, it means the defense is getting stronger.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Exactly!