+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch842 View Post
    I think it's more likely that if Nassib plays well in preseason and any mop up duty that he may get, that he may be traded to a QB starved team for a 1st or 2nd. We've seen much precedent in the league recently.
    Huh? Pre-season plus mop up does not = #1 or #2.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Huh? Pre-season plus mop up does not = #1 or #2.
    It did for Kevin Kolb.
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    It did for Kevin Kolb.
    Nope, he played real games and played reasonably well in them. It was not mop up duty. That is just not a winning strategy. Drafting guys so that you can try to pull the wool over the eyes of other GM's with a position like QB. You either like the guy or you don't.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    LOL GOOD ONE

If things work out and he prgresses well he will get impatient eventually........as he should. Time will tell
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    its not really our style to do the whole draft bait thing. i think they want to keep him as a quality backup and possible future starter
    We once traded a player for a conditional pick after telling him he was cut. I don't think drafting a player with the thought that he could be future trade bait is that far out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    We once traded a player for a conditional pick after telling him he was cut. I don't think drafting a player with the thought that he could be future trade bait is that far out of the question.
    If the truth be told, Harooni has crossed every apendage that it is possible to cross hoping that somehow, someway...this kid starts soon. I would venture to guess that September wouldn't be too soon for him.

Of course...I haven't really seen this kid without his uniform but if he is not pretty old hardy har har rooni probably won't like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I didn't see this team EVER drafting a QB, either...
    Why? We've already drafted 2 since Eli's been here.

Quote Originally Posted by fletch842 View Post
    I think it's more likely that if Nassib plays well in preseason and any mop up duty that he may get, that he may be traded to a QB starved team for a 1st or 2nd. We've seen much precedent in the league recently.
    I'm inclined to think they would then make hin the back yp for the duratoin of his rookie contract and, if Eli is still knocking them dead at that time, consider trading him if there is someone in college they like as a replacement or pay him as the heir apparent.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I guess it's always an option.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1