+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I guess it's always an option.
    It seems like an after the fact strategy at best to me. If a guy blossoms before you can use him, so be it but to take up a valuable roster spot with a guy who's being groomed to be traded seems a bit of a stretch to me. Especially at QB where the back-up needs to be ready to play and help at a moment's notice, stockpiling for the purpose of a future trade just seems a reach. The draft is such a crap shoot anyway.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    It seems like an after the fact strategy at best to me. If a guy blossoms before you can use him, so be it but to take up a valuable roster spot with a guy who's being groomed to be traded seems a bit of a stretch to me. Especially at QB where the back-up needs to be ready to play and help at a moment's notice, stockpiling for the purpose of a future trade just seems a reach. The draft is such a crap shoot anyway.
    I agree it's not likely that was their first thought when they saw he was still there. I honestly think the FO is always looking at their 5 and 10 year plans and because Nassib was still ther in the 4th round, they had him going in the 1st or 2nd I think, they may have just thought now is the time to start looking forward to solidify the back-up QB situation. While I do think it's early in terms of Eli's anticipated longevity, it's really not early in terms of "what ifs" that can't be predicted.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

What I expect from Nassib ....

I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    What I expect from Nassib ....

"Nassib Hate" is all the rage on the Giants MB.

Its like the Macarena.
    Last edited by Morehead State; 05-03-2013 at 09:03 AM.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Nope, he played real games and played reasonably well in them. It was not mop up duty. That is just not a winning strategy. Drafting guys so that you can try to pull the wool over the eyes of other GM's with a position like QB. You either like the guy or you don't.
    Dont over estimate the desperation of a team with no QB. They are willing to give up these picks for potential.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Dont over estimate the desperation of a team with no QB. They are willing to give up these picks for potential.
    I totally understand the "greater fool" theory. We've seen that in our back yard with the Jets. I just don't think you employ that as a strategy going into the draft when you can use a valuable pick to upgrade the team now. If it develops along the way that your backup QB has shown enough flash to fleece another team, so be it but it seems like something that happens along the way, not as a strategy going in. I'd like to hear an experineced GM weigh in on this. Maybe Harooni can reach out to his new best friend Ernie Acorsi for some insight??
    No one remembers who came in second.

Central NJ - the DMZ of Giants/Eagles land
    Have fun holding the clipboard on the sidelines.

Best of luck, Ryan Nassib.

It could be worse. You could be on the NY Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by WayBackFan View Post
    Have fun holding the clipboard on the sidelines.

Best of luck, Ryan Nassib.

It could be worse. You could be on the NY Jets.
    He' d have a real chance at playing for the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    "Nassib Hate" is all the rage on the Giants MB.

Its like the Macarena.
    Can't hate someone you're never gonna see on the field.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

I hope the kid turns ot to be a great addition to the Giants. He may be holding a clip board but if he winds up being the Giants back p he will get way more garbage time play then Carr ever saw. He should too because he doesnt have the reps Carr has.......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch