+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ryan Nassib On NY Giants: "I'm So Happy To Be Joining Them"

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Can't hate someone you're never gonna see on the field.
    No....some here don't seem to let that deter them.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    No....some here don't seem to let that deter them.
    It's not that I hate Nassib (I don't) or the value of the pick (I think it's great) or the logic behind it (we've all been taking it for granted that Eli is immortal) ... but but but ... LINEBACKERS ZOMG WTFBBQ!
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

It's not that I hate Nassib (I don't) or the value of the pick (I think it's great) or the logic behind it (we've all been taking it for granted that Eli is immortal) ... but but but ... LINEBACKERS ZOMG WTFBBQ!
    This!

A 4th round LB may actually see the field in the next two years without a big injury. He was a good college qb but I just don't see the "best pick of the draft" in him. Its a team game but just look at his last two head to head meetings against another 4th round qb, Barkley. I don't hate the guy and it may turn out to be a great pick but take off the rose colored glasses.

the Giants value of the LB postion is clearly evident. They want a strong back end and front end of the D....
    They try to draft/aquire "good versital" players for the LB group. They are NOT lookung for the next Ray Lewis, Urlacher, Willis, Bowmen, etc....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    the Giants value of the LB postion is clearly evident. They want a strong back end and front end of the D....
    They try to draft/aquire "good versital" players for the LB group. They are NOT lookung for the next Ray Lewis, Urlacher, Willis, Bowmen, etc....
    I understand that ... and I think it's a bad philosophy.

While you can make the argument that we won two Superbowls with that philosophy, neither of those teams were dominant teams and both the Ravens and 49ers made the Superbowl on dominant defenses that show cased strong linebacker play (and I'm not talking about strictly pass rushing OLBs either).

And in 2007-2008 we actually had a fairly strong LBing crew.

We threw numbers at the position over the past few years, and it's been our Achilles Heel throughout that time (including our 2011 SB run).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

+ Reply to Thread