+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are they right?

Are they right?

All those who claim Reese should have drafted a CB and a LB instead of the positions he did draft?
    It appears that Reese bolstered the positions in front of and behind the corners and Line backers by drafting linemen and a safety/linebacker.
    Will Reese's (enclosing) draft choices improve CB and LB play thereby negating drafting either of those positions for at least this year?

My opinion, barring major injuries we shouldn't be any worse at Lb or corner this year and perhaps improved
    After camp cuts by other teams won't be surprised if Reese snatches up a LB and/or a corner .
    The OLine got younger and beefier and more athletic
    The DLine got nasty in the middle and quick on the end
    The safety position may have gottena real deal steal
    Another running back to make DRrayScott make it or break it this year through competition. (I believe this draft choice was for that reason)
    With these kind of observations I just can't believe the NSL have not offered me a sportswriter position yet to cover the Giants

John Mara said they needed to improve in the trenches and that was their approach. I think that went pretty well.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I don't know what Reese is thinking about the LBer position but if he plans on scouring the FAs and cuts for another bargain basement pickup it will most likely be more of what we already have too much of. I know most people feel that the LBer position has been devalued, I don't, when I see teams with good defenses I always see good LBers on them...

Bench Player
    LBers are devalued, but they're not devalued enough where you can just throw garbage out there and survive. There has to be some level of quality or you're playing with fire and setting yourself up for problems.

The value wasn't there in the draft, so I don't blame them for not reaching for a LB (or CB), but there's likely going to be some pretty brutal games for this defense, as the roster is currently constructed, unless some of the young guys on the team that haven't shown a lot to now suddenly do show something.

It's no coincidence that teams with better linebackers have better defenses than the Giants.

I've been waiting a few years now, but the linebacking tradition for the Giants has gone off life support and has now flat-lined.

If I wanted to get the opinion of the value of linebackers, I would no longer consider the Giants the leading organization to ask. I'd take the opinion of the Bears, Steelers, Ravens or 49ers over whatever Reese has to say about that particular subject.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 05-02-2013 at 05:22 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    It's no coincidence that teams with better linebackers have better defenses than the Giants.

I've been waiting a few years now, but the linebacking tradition for the Giants has gone off life support and has now flat-lined.

If I wanted to get the opinion of the value of linebackers, I would no longer consider the Giants the leading organization to ask. I'd take the opinion of the Bears, Steelers, Ravens or 49ers over whatever Reese has to say about that particular subject.
    Considering nearly every team has a better than than the Giants your LB claims means little.

All-Pro
    I would take Reese's opinion over some anonymous poster on a message board... but this anonymous poster thinks the LB position in particular has not been given enough attention. That being said, any of the LBs available in the draft when the Giants were picking were probably a reach and would not have had an immediate impact anyway. I am not sure that there is much that can be done at this point with the limited salary cap room, but would be ecstatic if they managed to make a move to bolster the LB group before the season started.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Who have we lost at CB? No one. Hosley and Prince a year older. We are certainly better there. LB, same old same old.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Who have we lost at CB? No one. Hosley and Prince a year older. We are certainly better there. LB, same old same old.
    There's no guarantee that Hosley will be better this year.

Prince maybe, but I still don't think he's good enough to hold down a legit #1 receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    There's no guarantee that Hosley will be better this year.

Prince maybe, but I still don't think he's good enough to hold down a legit #1 receiver.
    Life has no guarantees my friend but when you have a rookie CB who shows some flash, the chances of growth in year 2 are pretty good, Here's a glass. It's half full.
    No one remembers who came in second.

+ Reply to Thread