+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 yr of the OLINE, 2014 YR of the CB???

2013 yr of the OLINE, 2014 YR of the CB???

I would say 2013 was yr of the Oline, as Fisher and Joeckl went 1and 2, and u also had Warmack, Cooper, Fluker, Pugh, and Long go in RD1...

Well is 2014 yr of the Cornerback? Tons of good looking CB's out there, and could be a reason we ignored the positon, having as much depth this yr as we do, with Web, TT, Prince, Ross, and Hosley.. We should be able to get one of these guys in the 1st or 2nd rds, and guys will still come outta nowhere and such as well.. I really like Purifoy and Verrett.. This is what the CB Situation could look like next yr..

Heres a list of top notch corner for next yr..

Marcus Roberson CB Fla
    Louchiez Purifoy CB Fla
    Jason Verrett CB TCU
    Damian Swann CB GA
    Quandre Diggs CB Tex
    Bradley Roby CB Ohio St.
    Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma
    Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB Oregon
    Justin Gilbert CB Ok St.
    Deshazor Everett CB Tex A&M
    Carrington Byndom CB Tex
    Bennett Jackson CB N.Dame
    Antone Exum CB Va Tech

Exum is a big guy at 6'1" and 224lbs.. I know don't fall in love with measurables, but with a head of steam he could knock someone's head off with that weight. Plus, we seem to have a thing for Hokies.

The issue with him though is he had a torn ACL and meniscus repaired in March.
    Last edited by Rat_bastich; 05-03-2013 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Exum is a big guy at 6'1" and 224lbs.. I know don't fall in love with measurables, but with a head of steam he could knock someone's head off with that weight. Plus, we seem to have a thing for Hokies.

Exum is trying to get back from a Torn ACL that he suffered during a pickup hoops game though.. He sounds optomistic about returning for the season... Hes a big dude who might end up transitioning to S, while also being able to play some corner, becuase hes a monster in size.. Very intriguing though..

I like Roby out of that list.. got to study up on the others

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post

I feel bad for Exum because his draft stock will end up taking a huge hit as I really doubt he will be 100% this season..Not sure how many of these guys are slam dunk 1st round picks.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Great list to keep an eye on. I was thinking/hoping we'd grab one this last draft, as there were many good prospects in almost every round. Im on board for grabbing a decent one next draft since this year was obviously a let down for anyone hoping for an early pick on one (or any pick for that matter). I got the double knob, as I was hoping for a decent LB too
    Last edited by TAILGATIN'; 05-03-2013 at 12:19 PM.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I feel bad for Exum because his draft stock will end up taking a huge hit as I really doubt he will be 100% this season..Not sure how many of these guys are slam dunk 1st round picks.
    I don't think a ton are slam dunks, but there is a handful pretty good chance, with Colvin, Roby, Gilbert, Byndom(probably), Purifoy, and Olomu... And u go look at guys like Everett, Verett, and Swann, and i see guys that could easily vie for 1st rd status with big yrs.. Quandre Diggs is mad intriguing at 200lbs and coming off a pretty darn good sophmore season.. Hes got the size/speed and ball skills to fire up the draft boards...

I love this class..

Hey Redeye, do u got Colvin vs Geno Smith and W.Va??? I definetly will check that out...

Diggs was a beast run option QB in High School Texas's corner duo is gonna be fun to watch, assuming Byndom bounces back off sub par season.. Weren't some talking Heisman with Byndom before last season?

There are definitely some good names on that list. I don't know if I love any of them yet as top 5 or 10 picks but it is a strong list none the less.

+ Reply to Thread