+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boley Return Doubtful?

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headli...ticleId=247387

Second time he's been taken into custody on child abuse charges.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

this disgusts me they better not resign this child abuser again
    FUTURE NFL STAR

He should take his aggresion out on the field.

Big Time pass on Boley..

Any chance he had of returning is probably gone now.

Veteran
    Sickening if the accusations are true.

Abusing a child is disgusting and unforgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    Sickening if the accusations are true.

Abusing a child is disgusting and unforgivable.
    +1,000,000,000,000
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headli...ticleId=247387

Second time he's been taken into custody on child abuse charges.
    To be fair to all involved, I'll wait for more details before I pass judgement. The article is very misleading. True this is the second time he was taken in on child abuse charges, but it was for the same charge (same investigation). It's not two separate situations. He also has six kids and this is the only time a charge was brought up.

Lets look at some facts at hand:
    1. The child's mother unsuccessfully sued him for five times the current child support. No mention (per him) of abuse at the time the suit was filed.
    2. Boley took a plea rather than go to trial but if he sucussfully completes a pre-trial diversion program the charge will be dropped and his record clear. One could argue he looks guilty for taking a plea, another could argue the judge agreed to wipe his record clear after the diversion program so the "abuse" must have not been what some are perceiving it to be.
    3. The alledged abuse was physical not sexual (still not good but personally makes me a bit more relieved)
    4. We have no details of the alledged abuse. To me it makes a Huge difference if he beat the child vs spanking his butt with an open hand or a belt.
    5. No comment from Boley or his lawyers about the abuse. Again this looks bad however we don't know if part of the plea was not to speak about it (although a "under terms of the plea we can not comment" would look much better)
    6. A second holds mother filed a request for supervised visits but only after these charges were filed. She made no mention of abuse. To me she was probably concerned and did the motherly thing to project her child until details are out in the open, and I can't blame her for that.
    7. He was previously arrested for domestic abuse (don't know the specifics)
    8. Arrest was made in February but just made the news now.

I'm not defending either side simply listing the facts available. I'd reserve judgement until we can at least made an educated opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckdownman View Post
    To be fair to all involved, I'll wait for more details before I pass judgement. The article is very misleading. True this is the second time he was taken in on child abuse charges, but it was for the same charge (same investigation). It's not two separate situations. He also has six kids and this is the only time a charge was brought up.

1. The child's mother unsuccessfully sued him for five times the current child support. No mention (per him) of abuse at the time the suit was filed.
    2. Boley took a plea rather than go to trial but if he sucussfully completes a pre-trial diversion program the charge will be dropped and his record clear. One could argue he looks guilty for taking a plea, another could argue the judge agreed to wipe his record clear after the diversion program so the "abuse" must have not been what some are perceiving it to be.
    3. The alledged abuse was physical not sexual (still not good but personally makes me a bit more relieved)
    4. We have no details of the alledged abuse. To me it makes a Huge difference if he beat the child vs spanking his butt with an open hand or a belt.
    5. No comment from Boley or his lawyers about the abuse. Again this looks bad however we don't know if part of the plea was not to speak about it (although a "under terms of the plea we can not comment" would look much better)
    6. A second holds mother filed a request for supervised visits but only after these charges were filed. She made no mention of abuse. To me she was probably concerned and did the motherly thing to project her child until details are out in the open, and I can't blame her for that.

I'm not defending either side simply listing the facts available. I'd reserve judgement until we can at least made an educated opinion.

At the very least this would be a distraction and possibly served as a distraction and his poor play in 2012.

At the worst, he's a really poor human being.

Either way, his record with the Giants doesn't scream to sign him back (at any price).
    Last edited by Kruunch; 05-03-2013 at 10:34 AM.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Quote Originally Posted by Duckdownman View Post

Reserve judgement??? Are you serious?!?! We could reserve judgement on alot of BAD people because we dont know the complete facts.....news flash.....we probably will NEVER know the complete facts! But I would bet he wouldnt be being charged with such a serious crime if there wasnt some validity to the accusations.....with that said, I will pass on reserving judgement and will say that he is a disgusting person and I would not watch another Giants game if they ever resigned him.....I am sure they wont!!!
    Personally I cant believe you took all of this effort and time to defend him!?!