+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Possible Perry Fewell Carjacking? (NASCAR)

http://myseattlesports.com/seahawks/...nascar-package

The Seattle Seahawks can possibly deploy their own version of a NASCAR package. I don't know how reliable the blogger may be but we all know tthat this is a copy cat league.

Veteran
    I like seattles D, in fact they're sick, anyway, If they were to do that I'm sure they'd be more effective at it than us.

That's highway robbery..!

Not sure the NASCAR package was anything more than a figment of Fewell's imagination. When did our rush ever really overwhelm offenses for long periods of time? The Seahawks can have it.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Not sure the NASCAR package was anything more than a figment of Fewell's imagination. When did our rush ever really overwhelm offenses for long periods of time? The Seahawks can have it.
    I couldn't do anything but laugh at your response, because I kind of felt the same way. It may have worked a few times but they really don't need a gimmick rush. The Giants may be going from that gimmick rush thing anyway. Maybe in certain situations.

Agreed, I hope it works as well for them as it did for us.

Quote Originally Posted by FishinTheSalt View Post
    Agreed, I hope it works as well for them as it did for us.
    Haha +1

Quote Originally Posted by Breezely View Post
    I couldn't do anything but laugh at your response, because I kind of felt the same way. It may have worked a few times but they really don't need a gimmick rush. The Giants may be going from that gimmick rush thing anyway. Maybe in certain situations.
    Not a big fan of gimmicks..............I prefer disciplined, tenacious players who play within their schemes. I also prefer a D coordinator who understands how to develop a strong game plan that is adjusted during the game based on the flow of the game,
    No one remembers who came in second.

Their defensive backfield will probably hold up a little longer in coverage then ours. That certainly didn't help matters.
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

it wasnt a gimmick. we had more than 2 quality pass rushers, some of which can move inside. it was a gimmicky name for a staple other DC's use. Pretty much every team will line up their best 4 pass rushers on 3rd and long. its just, our strategy has been to hoard pass rushing DE's, so we've had 4 legitimate dangerous pass rushers (Tuck, Osi, Jpp, and then we've had Stray, Kiwi, Tolly, etc). Most teams dont have that luxury but with more teams following the "never have enough pass rushers mantra", we arent the only team doing that. we just are the only team to refer to it as a nascar package.