+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The Giants still have nine unsigned unrestricted free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by luni View Post
    The Giants still have nine unsigned unrestricted free agents. Here's the remaining list ...

I would really like to see sean locklear back or barden.

WR Rames Barden

TE Travis Beckum

DT Rocky Bernard

CB Bruce Johnson

OL Sean Locklear

RB Kregg Lumpkin

CB Justin Tryon

K Lawrence Tynes

CB Brian Witherspoon
    All pretty worthless unless Locklear has fully recovered. Tynes is done here I am pretty sure of that.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Well I wouldn't say "suck" considering the lack of sacks given up in general. People are a little too extreme in their appraisals imo.

But I agree that Pugh is most likely the front runner in the RT competition this summer.
    Would you feel better if I said they are both pretty bad and are easily upgradable?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Tynes too since we didnt go after a kicker in the draft.
    Josh Brown was signed, though.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    At the end of the season PFF ranked them both and they were almost identical in terms of rank. They acknowledged the final result was surprising.
    Idk how they rank, but all I know is & what everyone else saw was our oline went from crap, to actually having a few games that they looked ok (locklear) in line up & then diehl came back and back to crap....perhaps he had a few decent games that brought his ranking up. ..but the change within a week of having him & then losing him to locklear, the change was very noticable
    Last edited by myles2424; 05-03-2013 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    where are these statistics that your claiming and not posting?
    I have some stats.

Giants 2012 with each starter:

DD as starter: 4wins 6 Losses.
    Avg Net yards per game with DD as starter: 338
    Avg points scored: 25.3

Locklear as starter: 5 wins and 1 loss
    Avg Net yards per game with SL as starter: 383.5
    Avg points scored: 29.3

* please note that DD started the Tampa game but was injured early in the 1st quarter when the game was tied 3-3. Locklear came in and the biggest offensive explosion of the entire season ensued. Yet, because DD started this 602 yard and 41 point game the stats are all credited to DD. Without that game the stats are markedly lopsided in Locklear's favor, even moreso than they already are.

Now you can quote PFF all you want about individual performance. The fact is this team played MUCH better with Sean as the starter. The offense played MUCH better in particular. We had out best rushing performances with him in the game as well.

Typically, you wont hear me criticize TC. But, there were a lot of mistakes made by players last year and they have been discussed to death on these boards. The coaches made some mistakes too, and I believe the biggest 1 of the year was not following the old adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Our offense was on fire up until the Steelers game where the season took a decided turn for the worse. What changed for the Steelers game you ask? DD returned as the starter. It's not the only reason for the nose dive, but it is a reason and 1 that could have and should have been avoided.

There were some other notable changes in the offense with DD as the starter that mentioned during the season, but I wont go into it on this thread. Suffice to say the Giants were clearly worried about him and gave him a lot more help than they ever did Sean Locklear
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 05-03-2013 at 10:03 PM.

thanks, this somewhat proves my point. I just asked for the stats because he said every available stat disagree's with me.. guess not

GET WELL SOON

The team played much better with Locklear at tackle. It was obvious they felt they had to give Diehl more help which took away a good part of our offense.

If Cruz doesn't sign, I could see them bringing back Barden. He knows the offense and could help out the team. Know people are soured by this guy be no more than JJ.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I have some stats.

* please note that DD started the Tampa game but was injured early in the 1st quarter when the game was tied 3-3. Locklear came in and the biggest offensive explosion of the entire season ensued. Yet, because DD started this 602 yard and 41 point game the stats are all credited to DD. Without that game the stats are markedly lopsided in Locklear's favor, even moreso than they already are.

Now you can quote PFF all you want about individual performance. The fact is this team played MUCH better with Sean as the starter. The offense played MUCH better in particular. We had out best rushing performances with him in the game as well.

Typically, you wont hear me criticize TC. But, there were a lot of mistakes made by players last year and they have been discussed to death on these boards. The coaches made some mistakes too, and I believe the biggest 1 of the year was not following the old adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Our offense was on fire up until the Steelers game where the season took a decided turn for the worse. What changed for the Steelers game you ask? DD returned as the starter. It's not the only reason for the nose dive, but it is a reason and 1 that could have and should have been avoided.

There were some other notable changes in the offense with DD as the starter that mentioned during the season, but I wont go into it on this thread. Suffice to say the Giants were clearly worried about him and gave him a lot more help than they ever did Sean Locklear
    who else started the same games that Diehl and Locklear started....maybe they are the reason.....
    lest see...prob Snee, Baas, Boothe, Eli, Bradshaw, Tuck, JPP, Joseph, Rolle, Black unicorn....get the point....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I have some stats.

Spot on!!!!! I don't care about PFF stats. If you watched the games Sean was the much better player. I love Diehl but at this point of his career he's a backup at best. There's a reason he took that huge pay cut. It's because his play warranted it! If Sean doesn't get hurt I doubt that Diehl is on this team.

+ Reply to Thread