+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The Giants still have nine unsigned unrestricted free agents.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    has nothing to do with Locklear's quickness..his pass blocking was much better than Diehl's at RT
    And again, every available statistic disagrees with your opinion.

McCants......OH man, he may be the worst one out of the whole bunch. OMG was he awful in pre-seaon.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    And again, every available statistic disagrees with your opinion.
    where are these statistics that your claiming and not posting?

McCants......OH man, he may be the worst one out of the whole bunch. OMG was he awful in pre-seaon.
    I hope at least one of them has improved.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I hope at least one of them has improved.
    I think Brewer and Mosley will be ok. Brewer will make a nice backup RT and Mosley might challenge for a guard position next season

I think Brewer and Mosley will be ok. Brewer will make a nice backup RT and Mosley might challenge for a guard position next season
    I am expecting Diehl and possibly Snee to be gone next season. I hope you're right about Brewer and Mosley.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

krunch-ur opinion of DD and Lockler is dead wrong, esp the "DD is a better T than Lockler ever was or will be and were the same last yr"

For starters, Lockler was an 8 yr starting vet for Seattle iirc, he was their RT that SB season. 2nd, one season he played LT when their staple LT was hurt for the year. 3rd, while the PFF grade between the 2 individually may have not been drastic (altho still in Locklers favor), the line as a unit performed better when Lockler was in in a majority of the aspects. If u go by PFF grade, DD ended up having a better yr than several OT's that he simply did not outperform. IIRC, it was enigma or another respected poster here who raised the credibility issue for that 1 specific aspect and challeneged the validity, but it was a long time ago.
    Point is, DD is a great Giant. that said, id take a healthy Lockler over DD at this point any day of the week and twice on sunday

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I am expecting Diehl and possibly Snee to be gone next season. I hope you're right about Brewer and Mosley.
    that is exactly what I was thinking. Snee already hinted at possible retirement and Diehl just doesn't look like the same player anymore.

that is exactly what I was thinking. Snee already hinted at possible retirement and Diehl just doesn't look like the same player anymore.
    Diehl will be OK in rotation and Snee needs to start thinking about retirement. He hinted at that when he went to the Pro Bowl saying he may not have another chance.

Veteran
    where are these statistics that your claiming and not posting?
    Just looking at PFF as Roanoke mentioned for example. It's a pretty tricky site to navigate through, but if you spend a little time you can find all of the information there. In fact, they even mention how in real time they would think DD would score much lower than he actually does, but when the plays are reviewed he is not at all as bad as some fans made him out to be. He scores similarly to Locklear last year. There is no huge gap.

Clearly we need a long term solution and neither of them are it -- But I'm just pointing out that this idea that Locklear performed at a much better level than Diehl did last year is absolutely false and has no basis in truth.

+ Reply to Thread