+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Well I wouldn't say "suck" considering the lack of sacks given up in general. People are a little too extreme in their appraisals imo.

But I agree that Pugh is most likely the front runner in the RT competition this summer.
    The key will be if Pugh can learn quickly enough. Camp should be really interesting
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by luni View Post
    The Giants still have nine unsigned unrestricted free agents. Here's the remaining list ...

I would really like to see sean locklear back or barden.

WR Rames Barden

TE Travis Beckum

DT Rocky Bernard

CB Bruce Johnson

OL Sean Locklear

RB Kregg Lumpkin

CB Justin Tryon

K Lawrence Tynes

CB Brian Witherspoon
    They are not signed because none is worth a damn!
    Giants fan since '58

It would be nice if Tynes could come back

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    It would be nice if Tynes could come back
    From a nostalgic point of view as a guy who kicked us to two super bowls I completely agree.

Other than that, I have to ask, Why?

we won't re-sign any of them. IMO Locklear played much better then Diehl but that injury prob ended his career

GET WELL SOON

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He wasn't an upgrade over Diehl when he was playing.
    dude what team were you watching? I believe it was monday night football that we benhced Locklear & diehl came back from injury, and even the announcers questioned the coaching call to bench locklear because things got noticably worse with diehl back in the line up...

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    dude what team were you watching? I believe it was monday night football that we benhced Locklear & diehl came back from injury, and even the announcers questioned the coaching call to bench locklear because things got noticably worse with diehl back in the line up...
    At the end of the season PFF ranked them both and they were almost identical in terms of rank. They acknowledged the final result was surprising.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    At the end of the season PFF ranked them both and they were almost identical in terms of rank. They acknowledged the final result was surprising.
    It isn't all that surprising to be honest. Way too many fans here seem to think that Locklears perceived 'quickness' advantage over Diehl somehow equated to increased production at the position.Which in reality isn't true at all, but you know how things go here.....

edit: spelling
    Last edited by njg85m; 05-03-2013 at 03:19 PM.

has nothing to do with Locklear's quickness..his pass blocking was much better than Diehl's at RT

GET WELL SOON

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    It isn't all that surprising to be honest. Way too many fans here seem to think that Locklears perceived 'quickness' advantage over Dieh somehowl equated to increased production at the position.Which in reality isn't true at all, but you know how things go here.....
    Most fans look at sacks as the only barometer to measure for Olinemen. The truth is hurries are far more frequent and less noticeable to the naked eye. If Pugh can start, it doesn't matter. If he can't, Diehl may start because Locklear's injury was serious and it wold not surprise me if his career was over. We have Brewer, McCants, and Mosley but none of them have shown any flashes that I can recall.

# 80