+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NY Giants' Defensive Line Poised To Return To Form In 2013

i think the team has done a good job pluggin holes on the d-line!

with the depth at d-tackle noone should run on us! but we'll see.

Moore will be a welcome addition to Kiwi, Tuck and JPP and could help the Giants lead the league in defense!

I don't care how good the D-line is. Teams are going to run right pass them and through the Giants weak linebackers unless they are better then we think. I only have confidence in Rivers if he can stay healthy. The giants like to build their defense to pressure the QB more than focusing on stopping the run. I prefer to focus on both the D-line and linebackers instead of just stockpiling in one area. I prefer a 3-4 defense more than than the 4-3 because speed kills more than size. In the end, thank God Eli has gotten better because fans would really see the truth about the Giants.
    Last edited by NYKiller; 05-03-2013 at 03:53 PM.

I think the premise of the article is a bit of a stretch. Depth does not equate to dominance. We certainly cleared out some clunkers and replace them with some interesting guys but I'm going to reserve judgement on this one. I hope the article is right on, we'll see.
    No one remembers who came in second.

On paper, we improved at DT.

Losing Osi was a pretty big hit given that our emphasis is on pressuring the QB.

Hopefully DaMontre Moore is as solid as he looks. I really liked that pick.

Hankins looks stout against the run, so he should occupy space and blockers.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    On paper, we improved at DT.

Losing Osi was a pretty big hit given that our emphasis is on pressuring the QB.

Hopefully DaMontre Moore is as solid as he looks. I really liked that pick.

Hankins looks stout against the run, so he should occupy space and blockers.

I'm not sure losing Osi was a "hit" given his level of play in 2012. Losing him did make us face the issue with FA and draft signings. I think having Kiwanuka at DE is an upgrade over Osi.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    Hankins looks like he can be a real help as long as he keeps his weight under control. They will not be playing him 60-70 plays a game.

I just hope this new DT rotation helps the DEs get pressure. 6.5 sacks was not a good look for JPP last year.

Wonder how much webbys awful play factors in to that drop off. Kinda hard to get to the qb when he was always getting torched. I'm in no way layin all the blame on him nor am I giving him the bulk of it. Just sayin I wonder how bad our dline would've looked with 2007 webby back there. Oh yeah rolle sucked too

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I'm not sure losing Osi was a "hit" given his level of play in 2012. Losing him did make us face the issue with FA and draft signings. I think having Kiwanuka at DE is an upgrade over Osi.
    It is not a "hit" at all. We have to consider the cash we saved with his salary and how it was redeployed to other players who can help us more. His drop off over the past few years (especially against the run) has been significant.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I think the premise of the article is a bit of a stretch. Depth does not equate to dominance. We certainly cleared out some clunkers and replace them with some interesting guys but I'm going to reserve judgement on this one. I hope the article is right on, we'll see.
    The article was off in a few respects. I don't see a health Canty as the difference between our SB run run-defense and last year's abysmal effort. I don't think Hankins is depth. I see him evolving into a guy you want on the field for 3 downs.

+ Reply to Thread