+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Blue And Dallas Will Contend For The East

I think the East will come down to the Giants and Redskins. Last game of the season will decide it all.

Redskins and their fans are delusional, I can't wait till Bob Griffin production goes down this season especially if he's going to play in the pocket more like his daddy says he needs to do with his one read gimmick offense. The dude is seriously overrated as a QB.... as an athlete yeah he is elite but far from a good QB. I said before last year's draft that I would take Wilson over RG3 anyday cause he is just a smarter player and can play the reid option. Honestly I think it's going to come down between us and Dallas. Tony Romo (although I hate him) he stills scares me more then Bob cause let's face it Tony Romo is a very good QB. Now this Kerrigan guy is going to type 5 pages why Bob is not a one read qb, but tell that to all the experts that say he is. Not saying the Redskins are going to suck but I think they will be right at the bottom with Philly.

Big Blue Will Clean Your Clock This Year

The Giants put up points like a Pin Ball Machine. Even when our very best WR was injured last year we would score 20 plus points. You will not ( Meaning Washington of coarse ) be able to double team Victor Cruz this year because Nicks one on one is Deadly, and Cruz one on one will Scorch you. JPP is gonna eat your OT's lunch. As far as STs ? Weatherford will pin you deep, every time He Punts, We now have a kicker who can make those 55 Yd FGs. Oh by the way you can pray to the Almighty that the Giants do not put Wilson on Kickoffs, or this game could get ugly very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Redskins and their fans are delusional, I can't wait till Bob Griffin production goes down this season especially if he's going to play in the pocket more like his daddy says he needs to do with his one read gimmick offense. The dude is seriously overrated as a QB.... as an athlete yeah he is elite but far from a good QB. I said before last year's draft that I would take Wilson over RG3 anyday cause he is just a smarter player and can play the reid option. Honestly I think it's going to come down between us and Dallas. Tony Romo (although I hate him) he stills scares me more then Bob cause let's face it Tony Romo is a very good QB. Now this Kerrigan guy is going to type 5 pages why Bob is not a one read qb, but tell that to all the experts that say he is. Not saying the Redskins are going to suck but I think they will be right at the bottom with Philly.
    RGIII is a good QB. He can throw the ball down the field and he's smart as heck. I think his running and scrambling takes away from how good he really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    RGIII is a good QB. He can throw the ball down the field and he's smart as heck. I think his running and scrambling takes away from how good he really is.
    we will see...I still would take Wilson over him anyday.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlitzer View Post
    Washington's 2 best DL players are coming off serious injuries. Bob Griffin says He's ahead of schedule ( All players with injuries say that ) Their aging Veterans Cooley, Hall have shot their loads. Redskins 3rd place. The Eagles winning streak against the Giants has officially ended. Chip ( And Dip ? ) changing from a 4-3 to a 3-4 will not take the East by storm. Their CBs can be had. JPP and company will go through their rookie tackle, like a turnstile. Philly 4th place.
    Just figured I'd chime in as a Redskins fan. For our D-line, I'm not exactly sure which 2 DL's you are talking about. The only one that was injured that I would consider one of our best is Adam Carriker, who tore his quad, and recently had a setback, but will probably be out on PUP and be ready to go later on in the season. As for our LB Orakpo, who is our best pass rusher, he tore his pectoral in Week 2, and was declared 100 % by Mike Shanahan in the OTA presser last week. All our other notable DL and linebackers are healthy at the moment.

As for Griffin, I think there has been a big misunderstanding from the outset, that the media picked up and ran with. A lot of information was bungled by the Skins in the aftermath of Robert's injury. Even a lot of our fans were confused initially This link will help explain things.

http://es.redskins.com/topic/363841-how-is-rgiii/page-240

Griffin tore his LCL, but not the ACL. The ACL was not damaged. The bore sights were repaired on the ACL, that's about it. So his recovery would not be equal to the amount of time needed to heal from an ACL, not to mention that doctors used stem cells to aid in his recovery. He's absolutely ahead of schedule though. He's been throwing and running for awhile.

He will most likely begin cutting in a couple of weeks. In the OTA's last week, he displayed improved mechanics, was able to plant, bend, and his release looked a lot better now than it did last season. I think it is pretty much a forgone conclusion that he will be ready week 1. He'll probably even play in the preseason, but that will be up to the coaches.

Cooley's not on the team. We actually have a very versatile TE corp. Our best pass catcher Fred Davis will be back after he was injured in Oct, and Logan Paulsen, who is also our best blocker, happens to catch everything thrown his way. We also drafted a very versatile and athletic TE in Jordan Reed, who has the skills to thrive in our offense in a role similar to that of Aaron Hernandez. We also drafted two shifty backs in Jawan Jamison and scatback Chris Thompson from FSU, along with Roy Helu, returning from injury, who has the speed to break a game open, as well as the ability to catch passes out of the backfield, which we lacked with Morris.

D Hall may be playing his last season here. We brought in 3 DB's from the draft in David Amerson, Bacarri Rambo, and Philip Thomas, who all could be seeing significant playing time by the middle to latter portion of the season, and we signed EJ Biggers to be our 3rd corner, on a defense that started to improve, and get to the quarterback as the season went on, despite having some of the worst secondary play in recent memory. We will also have Brandon Meriweather back, who was healthy for a half last year, where he played pretty well.

All in all, the NFC East is going to be a lot tougher this year I think. Every team improved. Gonna be a fun season.
    Last edited by Riggins44; 05-30-2013 at 12:43 PM.

Just took a healthy dump

Reminded me of the eagles. Jealous?

Where is Kerrigan with his 5 page report....

I have Giants and Skins for the crown

+ Reply to Thread