Quote Originally Posted by Riggins44 View Post
Just figured I'd chime in as a Redskins fan. For our D-line, I'm not exactly sure which 2 DL's you are talking about. The only one that was injured that I would consider one of our best is Adam Carriker, who tore his quad, and recently had a setback, but will probably be out on PUP and be ready to go later on in the season. As for our LB Orakpo, who is our best pass rusher, he tore his pectoral in Week 2, and was declared 100 % by Mike Shanahan in the OTA presser last week. All our other notable DL and linebackers are healthy at the moment.

As for Griffin, I think there has been a big misunderstanding from the outset, that the media picked up and ran with. A lot of information was bungled by the Skins in the aftermath of Robert's injury. Even a lot of our fans were confused initially This link will help explain things.

http://es.redskins.com/topic/363841-how-is-rgiii/page-240

Griffin tore his LCL, but not the ACL. The ACL was not damaged. The bore sights were repaired on the ACL, that's about it. So his recovery would not be equal to the amount of time needed to heal from an ACL, not to mention that doctors used stem cells to aid in his recovery. He's absolutely ahead of schedule though. He's been throwing and running for awhile.

He will most likely begin cutting in a couple of weeks. In the OTA's last week, he displayed improved mechanics, was able to plant, bend, and his release looked a lot better now than it did last season. I think it is pretty much a forgone conclusion that he will be ready week 1. He'll probably even play in the preseason, but that will be up to the coaches.

Cooley's not on the team. We actually have a very versatile TE corp. Our best pass catcher Fred Davis will be back after he was injured in Oct, and Logan Paulsen, who is also our best blocker, happens to catch everything thrown his way. We also drafted a very versatile and athletic TE in Jordan Reed, who has the skills to thrive in our offense in a role similar to that of Aaron Hernandez. We also drafted two shifty backs in Jawan Jamison and scatback Chris Thompson from FSU, along with Roy Helu, returning from injury, who has the speed to break a game open, as well as the ability to catch passes out of the backfield, which we lacked with Morris.

D Hall may be playing his last season here. We brought in 3 DB's from the draft in David Amerson, Bacarri Rambo, and Philip Thomas, who all could be seeing significant playing time by the middle to latter portion of the season, and we signed EJ Biggers to be our 3rd corner, on a defense that started to improve, and get to the quarterback as the season went on, despite having some of the worst secondary play in recent memory. We will also have Brandon Meriweather back, who was healthy for a half last year, where he played pretty well.

All in all, the NFC East is going to be a lot tougher this year I think. Every team improved. Gonna be a fun season.
Seems like a reasonable post from a Skins fan. Could be a fun last game of the season, except, I expect the Giants to have wrapped it up by then! Good luck.