+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Blue And Dallas Will Contend For The East

It will probably be another nailbiter at week 17, that's for sure. I could see Giants Dallas and Washington all tied at 9-6 going into the last game, to be completely honest.
    Andre the Giant

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlitzer View Post
    Washington's 2 best DL players are coming off serious injuries. Bob Griffin says He's ahead of schedule ( All players with injuries say that ) Their aging Veterans Cooley, Hall have shot their loads. Redskins 3rd place.
    Adrian Peterson said he was ahead of schedule, what a lying sack of crap he was too, right? Also the same surgeon (Dr Andrews), who compared the two after doing the surgeries and called them both freaks of nature. I know you want RG3 to stay beat up, but he may just make JPP look like a fool a few more times this year.

Also, what the hell year are you in, 2010? Cooley had 1 catch last year after being released and only signed after a injury to Fred Davis. Redskins also drafted another TE in the 3rd round. Cooley's career is already over, but they have plenty of other TEs who can contribute now. Fred Davis and Logan Paulsen both will do fine. If Jordan Reed helps out as a rookie that is even better.

Deangelo Hall is in the down-swing of his career no doubt, but he wont be playing anything but probably nickel coverages. Again, you're a few years behind the times I guess. He is a risk taker and will get his turnovers. It just so happens that the redskins drafted a CB, as well as 2 Safeties which will help the secondary.

Orakpo's injury is a concern since its the 2nd time that has happened, but either way Rob Jackson (his backup) did enough to keep you out of the playoffs last year, and only got better as the year went on. Depth means quite a bit at Linebacker... you know, you have none.

Your entire argument is resting on the assertion that all the redskins players that are hurt aren't coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan91 View Post
    Adrian Peterson said he was ahead of schedule, what a lying sack of crap he was too, right? Also the same surgeon (Dr Andrews), who compared the two after doing the surgeries and called them both freaks of nature. I know you want RG3 to stay beat up, but he may just make JPP look like a fool a few more times this year.

Also, what the hell year are you in, 2010? Cooley had 1 catch last year after being released and only signed after a injury to Fred Davis. Redskins also drafted another TE in the 3rd round. Cooley's career is already over, but they have plenty of other TEs who can contribute now. Fred Davis and Logan Paulsen both will do fine. If Jordan Reed helps out as a rookie that is even better.

Deangelo Hall is in the down-swing of his career no doubt, but he wont be playing anything but probably nickel coverages. Again, you're a few years behind the times I guess. He is a risk taker and will get his turnovers. It just so happens that the redskins drafted a CB, as well as 2 Safeties which will help the secondary.

Orakpo's injury is a concern since its the 2nd time that has happened, but either way Rob Jackson (his backup) did enough to keep you out of the playoffs last year, and only got better as the year went on. Depth means quite a bit at Linebacker... you know, you have none.

Your entire argument is resting on the assertion that all the redskins players that are hurt aren't coming back.
    Or perhaps its because Bob is coming off another major injury on a knee that was injured in the same fashion once before. Also, the sophomore slump? Its very real. Teams have a whole season of film to study, so as good as he is, you'd be wise to prepare for a drop off from him this upcoming season.

Eh, Cam Newton and Andy Dalton were fine. A slump is not something you can count on.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Eh, Cam Newton and Andy Dalton were fine. A slump is not something you can count on.
    Not counting on it, per se, but it happens more often than not. With this 2nd knee injury, I'd be willing to bet the house that he'll be reined in a lot more with regards to running the ball. Then again, Shanahan did let him go back into the game when he knew he shouldn't have, so who knows? I'm expecting a drop off from Bob this season.

Can't say that Cam Newton was fine during is 2nd season
    "Statistics are like a drunk with a lamppost: used more for support than illumination." Sir Winston Churchill

Big Blue Blog: http://nygiantsfr.wordpress.com/

He had a rough start but came on strong during the latter half of the season. The only real drop-off he experienced was with this rushing touchdowns (8 vs 14). This was largely due to him receiving fewer red zone carries than he did in 2011 - he can thank Mike Tolbert for that (7 TDs - all off of goal line carries).
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 05-18-2013 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiergow View Post
    Can't say that Cam Newton was fine during is 2nd season
    Andre the Giant

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    Or perhaps its because Bob is coming off another major injury on a knee that was injured in the same fashion once before. Also, the sophomore slump? Its very real. Teams have a whole season of film to study, so as good as he is, you'd be wise to prepare for a drop off from him this upcoming season.
    The sophomore slump is so overhyped its ridiculous. Do some players fall down a few pegs? sure.

Do I think the Redskins are 100% sure to take the division? No, of course not. I don't think the initial post of this thread has much of an argument though. Espeically bringing up guys like Cooley. THat is like me saying "Well, Jeremy Shockey is getting old, you guys are doomed". The only issue is RG3s health, and the guy is a workhorse and smart. While others have time to study him, he also has plenty of time to study tape of others. The offense can be successful without the Read-Option. The Pistol alone causes enough havoc for defensive fronts, especially when you have Morris in the backfield.

Add to that, a healthy Pierre Garçon. Last year with him, (and a toe that was almost detached from his foot) he was a big difference. I believe they were 9-2 in games he played. Having him back at 100% will be a big help.

I think the biggest issue with the redskins this year is the schedule, which is a rough one. I am not too worried at the moment about RG3's knee. I'm sure it'll be healed and it is not 1980 anymore, guys can have ACL Surgeries and come back.

If we're picking teams apart, the giants are not exactly amazing. Outside of getting Myers at TE, I don't see how much of the free agents will help. Connor is a serviceable ILB, but not sure I'd want him starting for a team I root for. Also putting a lot of chips on David Wilson, who had an outstanding 9 yards on 4 rushes against the redskins "beat up" defensive line and linebackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan91 View Post
    The sophomore slump is so overhyped its ridiculous. Do some players fall down a few pegs? sure.

Do I think the Redskins are 100% sure to take the division? No, of course not. I don't think the initial post of this thread has much of an argument though. Espeically bringing up guys like Cooley. THat is like me saying "Well, Jeremy Shockey is getting old, you guys are doomed". The only issue is RG3s health, and the guy is a workhorse and smart. While others have time to study him, he also has plenty of time to study tape of others. The offense can be successful without the Read-Option. The Pistol alone causes enough havoc for defensive fronts, especially when you have Morris in the backfield.

Add to that, a healthy Pierre Garçon. Last year with him, (and a toe that was almost detached from his foot) he was a big difference. I believe they were 9-2 in games he played. Having him back at 100% will be a big help.

I think the biggest issue with the redskins this year is the schedule, which is a rough one. I am not too worried at the moment about RG3's knee. I'm sure it'll be healed and it is not 1980 anymore, guys can have ACL Surgeries and come back.

If we're picking teams apart, the giants are not exactly amazing. Outside of getting Myers at TE, I don't see how much of the free agents will help. Connor is a serviceable ILB, but not sure I'd want him starting for a team I root for. Also putting a lot of chips on David Wilson, who had an outstanding 9 yards on 4 rushes against the redskins "beat up" defensive line and linebackers.
    And that's why the NFL scheduled a head-to-head on week 17. Basically they think that it will come down to that final matchup...
    Andre the Giant

+ Reply to Thread