+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Beckum's Last Chance?

Honestly, I don't think Beckum has a future with the Giants. With Ballard almost certainly out, if Beckum has any chance at all, he has to have a monster game against Dallas, and maybe continue it into the playoffs. Except for one flash of brilliance in the GB game, he's done nothing this entire year. For a 3rd round pick, he's already established himself as a bonafide bust.

Time's up.

Re: Beckum's Last Chance?

agree! i am really hoping Ballard is healthy enought to play. I know...wishfull thinking right now.

I think he's one of those cases of a player being drafted by the wrong team. He would of fit better on a team like the Packers, Saints, Chargers, etc.

If Ballard practices today, I bet he plays.

[quote user="TheEnigma"]I think he's one of those cases of a player being drafted by the wrong team. He would of fit better on a team like the Packers, Saints, Chargers, etc.[/quote]Dude couldn't get open against the Jets safeties, some of the weakest in the league, who cost us a game earlier this year because he didn't know where the first down markers were!
    No one remembers who came in second.

He's has trouble blocking and isn't all that great catching the ball. I don't think the Giant's waste their time with him next year.

I wonder about players like Beckum...

They obvioulsy are talented athletes since they at least made it to the NFL.

IMO opinion its the desire and want to become what it takes to be an true NFL success. If this was not the right place for him then why not just leave and go to another team??

Does he not care enough to bea productive TE for the NYGs.....or just a productive NFL TE??

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran

[quote user="TheEnigma"]I think he's one of those cases of a player being drafted by the wrong team. He would of fit better on a team like the Packers, Saints, Chargers, etc.[/quote]

He's got New England written all over him. Two TE's and a Beckum looks perfect to me. He only turns 25 next month.

Every time there is an injury and you think this guy will finally step up, he never does.

I'm done waiting . . . .

[quote user="GameTime"]

I wonder about players like Beckum...

They obvioulsy are talented athletes since they at least made it to the NFL.

IMO opinion its the desire and want to become what it takes to be an true NFL success. If this was not the right place for him then why not just leave and go to another team??

Does he not care enough to bea productive TE for the NYGs.....or just a productive NFL TE??

[/quote]

I asked myself the same Q's
    about Beckum and from what I can tell, obviously not knowing the man at all, I
    think for him it's his desire/ability to stay healthy. He is always hurt, and
    from some of TC's comments earlier this year it sounds like the coach felt they
    were injuries he could have played through. TC is not the type of guy to make
    an injured player go out there. There's a difference between hurt and injured,
    you can play if you're hurting. Beckum also said before the Jets game he was
    hoping to make the most of his opportunity since he never has gotten that chance
    before. When I read that I almost flipped my lid. He never had a chance? The
    Giants letting Boss go, and the starting job being there for the taking wasn't
    enough of a chance for him? Please...

I say he has a ton of talent,
    no desire to do the work necessary to make that potential translate in to
    success in the league. Cut the guy and give someone who wants to better himself
    a shot.