+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Debate Time: Best NFC East WR Tandems

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...ast-wr-tandems

Excerpt: "This came up in the chat Tuesday, and I figured it was worth a post in which you guys could bat it around and argue with each other: Who's got the best wide receivers in the NFC East at the moment? There is a poll over here in which you can vote on which team has the best starting duo.

We did this a couple of years ago, I remember, and I picked the Giants' guys over the Eagles' guys and got some heat for it. I think at the time I was still projecting Steve Smith as the No. 2 in New York behindHakeem Nicks. So while I think the past two years have supported my pick, I admit I didn't see Victor Cruz factoring into this debate to the extent that he has.

At this point, with Jackson and Maclin having failed to live up to those 2011 expectations, I think the Cowboys' tandem is the Giants' chief competition. The way Dez Bryant came on last year makes you think he might be about to live up to his incredible potential and become one of the dominant receivers in the league. This would make Miles Austinas good a No. 2 receiver as there is anywhere in the league, except in East Rutherford, where Cruz is a ridiculously productive No. 2 when Nicks is healthy. " Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Ours, hands down.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Nicks / Cruz without a doubt.

In fact the only other tandems that I would remotely consider:

Julio Jones / Roddy White (ATL)

Thomas / Welker (Broncos)
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Bench Player
    I would agree with the author that this is a closer debate due to the health concerns of Nicks. The only thing keeping this a real debate is the fact that Dez is a headcase.

When Nicks is 100% I think we have the best WR duo in the league. I think Julio and White are very close actually just because Julio Jones is a straight nutjob and White is a very solid WR. Thomas and Welker could be interesting to see this year as well.

If Megatron could someone pretty sick next to him it wouldn't even be fair haha.

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post

If Megatron could someone pretty sick next to him it wouldn't even be fair haha.
    Yeah I'm amazed the Lions (and the Cards with Fitz) haven't dedicated themselves to finding an opposite threat. Imagine Megatron and Welker on the same team. It wouldn't even be fair.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Vincent Jackson and Mike Williams are better with a lesser quarterback. I know they aren't in the NFC EAST, but I think we should extend this conversation to the entire league. Cruz and Nicks are that good. I say we are better than Welker and Thomas with less of a QB, but not as good as Julio and White because I think White is better than Cruz and Jones is on par with a health Nicks, but he seems to be getting better.

I just want Nicks to stay healthy

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

When Nicks is 100% I think we have the best WR duo in the league. I think Julio and White are very close actually just because Julio Jones is a straight nutjob and White is a very solid WR. Thomas and Welker could be interesting to see this year as well.

+1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

If only Matt Ryan can get his team to the big game...