+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran

Would Curry have a shot at starting?

I know he's had injuries in the past, but the kid obviously has talent if he managed to be a top prospect in the draft. If he's healthy I think it would be a great signing. With good coaching and a stable organization he might be able to live up to his potential. Would he have a chance to start if all goes well with his visit?

Quote Originally Posted by dayeh33 View Post
    I know he's had injuries in the past, but the kid obviously has talent if he managed to be a top prospect in the draft. If he's healthy I think it would be a great signing. With good coaching and a stable organization he might be able to live up to his potential. Would he have a chance to start if all goes well with his visit?
    He has done absolutely nothing as a pro to feel that he could be a starter for us absent a boatload of injuries in front of him. Everything else is just conjecture and wishful thinking.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Veteran
    Top prospect or not, some guys just flat line in development - but fans like to perceive that they have this endless potential still. I don't expect much from him at all.

There's 3 average injury prone players ahead of him, nothing will suprise me...

If Curry can stay healthy it would be better then what we have now

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Blue View Post
    If Curry can stay healthy it would be better then what we have now
    Rivers is a first round Linebacking injury magnet.

Curry is a first round linebacking injury magnet.

Both have immense potential, and Curry was a goddamn revelation at Wake Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by speed3freak View Post
    Rivers is a first round Linebacking injury magnet.

Curry is a first round linebacking injury magnet.

Both have immense potential, and Curry was a goddamn revelation at Wake Forest.
    Right...@ Wake Forest not Alabama! Never know what might happen but I haven't heard anything yet that tells me otherwise! Go Giants!

u guys all like revisionist history huh? Curry def did have spurts where he displayed being worthy of the selection. iirc, his rookie year or sophomore year were turning out solid until he got hurt. ill check and get back...i absolutely think he his health checked out he could fight for a starting spot at OLB

he actually had a solid 2nd yr and was growing as a player. 73 tackles. 3.5 sacks. 2 FF, 4 TFL. His rookie year he had 2 sacks, 5 TFL and 6 Pass Defenses...the guy wasnt a scrub. also, this was when seattle was perennially bad...if he's healthy, he'd be a viable competitor for our Sam or Will

The guy is in the unenviable position of trying to save a career that got derailed early and looked worse because of his mega contract, he will be looking for at least a one year contract on a descent team to re-energize his stock. This could be a win-win if he is healthy, he's big and fast and could be a huge boost to a very mediocre LBing core.