+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Yes we can know forsure....River & Conner, their original teams didn't even want them back and we have another bum aaron curry in for a visit, its safe to say any of those 1st-2nd round Lbs would be able to start on our team...
    Lol, yes because every 1st round and 2nd round LB'er ever drafted starts over players who have veteran NFL experience. You are obviously blindly in love with three rookies who have not had one NFL snap that either are complete and utter idiots in the case of Te'o and Ogletree or, in the case of Arthur Brown, has some skepticism associated with him as he barely made it through the 2nd round in a weak draft for LB'ers.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 05-10-2013 at 10:17 AM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    Lol, yes because every 1st round and 2nd round LB'er ever drafted starts over players who have veteran NFL experience. You are obviously blindly in love with three rookies who have not had one NFL snap that either are complete and utter idiots in the case of Te'o and Ogletree or, in the case of Arthur Brown, has some skepticism assocaited with him as he barely made it through the 2nd round in a weak draft for LB'ers.
    Two words . . . . Clint Sintim

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    The problem with the D-line driven philosophy last year was that we didn't get good production out of so many guys along the DL including Canty, Tuck, Osi and so many of the lesser names. Even JPP underwhelmed us. NASCAR is just a word and an bunch of BS in terms of a definable strategy. When did we ever overwhelm an offense with all those "high speed lineman" with the possible exception of Green Bay?

So we are left with no linebackers and an underperforming group of defensive linemen.....................................and that is why we got what we got last year.

notice 2 of the 4 guys you named are no longer with the team...JPP was gettting double and triple teamed all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    What has been the result of all those games?
    The result had everything to do with Eli Manning outgunning Tony Romo.

Check Romo's stats....he and Jason Witten put on a clinic pretty much every time they play the Giants.

Our best defense is Eli Manning, Hakeem Nicks, and Victor Cruz.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    The problem with the D-line driven philosophy last year was that we didn't get good production out of so many guys along the DL including Canty, Tuck, Osi and so many of the lesser names. Even JPP underwhelmed us. NASCAR is just a word and an bunch of BS in terms of a definable strategy. When did we ever overwhelm an offense with all those "high speed lineman" with the possible exception of Green Bay?

So we are left with no linebackers and an underperforming group of defensive linemen.....................................and that is why we got what we got last year.
    Yup, that sums up 2012 pretty nicely.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

I am surprised that Karlos Dansby is still looking for a spot on a roster

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Blue View Post
    I am surprised that Karlos Dansby is still looking for a spot on a roster
    Money ... he values himself higher than potential teams value him (currently).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    The result had everything to do with Eli Manning outgunning Tony Romo.Check Romo's stats....he and Jason Witten put on a clinic pretty much every time they play the Giants.Our best defense is Eli Manning, Hakeem Nicks, and Victor Cruz.
    The game they beat them in last year Eli had under 200 yards to over 400 for Romo. The year before Eli had only slightly better stats than Romo. The last time they dominated the Giants was when hey had the LB's you listed before as being better than what they have had recently.

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    I agree with what you're saying because I feel like our Dline is the foundation of the defense but I also think we're becoming very thin at LB. If one of our starters has an injury (which is very possible) well have a bunch of no names filling in which could be a huge problem when you think of the tight ends in this division.
    The depth is very shaky an injury or 2 and we have serious issues. U have to figure Rivers will miss at least 6 games

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Question: How many Super Bowls have the Giants won when the linebackers play well?
    Answer: 4

Bottom line: The Giants defense sucked for many reasons last season, and the mediocre play of the linebackers was a big reason. The linebackers did not get any help from the front 4, but I still expect them to make a friggin play on their own every now and then.

Boley was a stud in 2011, and then was banged up last year, and it hurt the unit's effectiveness.
    Williams is a promising linebacker, but his technique and toughness need to improve.
    Chase was Chase....he needs help on both sides, because he doesn't have the speed to cover for his teammates.

Boley and Chase are both gone, and Reese replaced Chase with someone who is hopefully better than his run-of-the-mill career stats would indicate.

I really hope DaMontre Moore and/or Cooper Taylor can help patch things up by handling the duties that are normally required of linebackers. I hope Dan Connor takes his career to a new level. I hope that Rivers can stay healthy - it would be the first time in his otherwise lackluster career. I have no hope for Aaron Curry.

Sorry, but that's the situation......I'm living on alot of hope right now as it pertains to the linebackers.

Because as history shows, when they don't get the job done, neither does this defense.
    What? The Last 2 we won the LBers Pierce, Blackburn, Boley, Williams, and god knows who else. I can't even remember because they were that irrelevant. Our LBer corps was absolute ****.

So the correct answer is that we won 2 SBs with great linebackers when defense actually mattered. We won 2 SBs with crap linebackers when defense no longer matters.