+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Giants' Top Pick Pugh Set To Show Off Mean Streak

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1340123

Excerpt: "When the Giants took Justin Pugh in the first round of the NFL draft two weeks ago, they praised him as a “clean” player. He was everything they wanted in an offensive lineman smart, athletic, versatile, “technically sound,” and without a single off-field issue.

Nobody in the Giants’ brain trust referred to him as “mean” even though that might be the Syracuse product’s best attribute.

“Oh yeah, absolutely,” said new Giants quarterback Ryan Nassib of Pugh, his left tackle the last three seasons with the Orange. “He’s one tough dude. I’ve seen him many a time make his opponent quit. It’s almost humorous when guys stop rushing him at the end of games.”

“He’s like Velcro,” added Will Hicks, the assistant athletics director for athletic performance at Syracuse. “When he gets on you, he sticks to you. You can’t pull him away. You can’t get away from him.”
    Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

yes sir, can't be an O-linemen without being mean..

*Starts to watch as posters take a 180 with their view on Pugh before he takes a single snap with the team*

Veteran
    The meaner the better. Our Oline has been lacking for so long. Bring it P-man.

Talks cheap. He won't be facing the Big East he's gonna be tested against real players week after week. I hope he pan's out and I have a gut feeling he will. But let's cool the jet's on his abilities until he actually shows something at the NFL level.

Nastiness is a critical quality in a top OL.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarie View Post
    The meaner the better. Our Oline has been lacking for so long. Bring it P-man.
    P-Man?
    wow...smh
    not a good nickname at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    Talks cheap. He won't be facing the Big East he's gonna be tested against real players week after week. I hope he pan's out and I have a gut feeling he will. But let's cool the jet's on his abilities until he actually shows something at the NFL level.
    He's shown all the qualities necessary to succeed at evey level he's played. That, along with great athleticism give him a good shot at success at the next level.

"Talk is cheap" applies to things like NASCAR package where there is absolutely no evidence after a year that this was a thoughtful, productive or successful strategy in any way whatsoever.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    He's shown all the qualities necessary to succeed at evey level he's played. That, along with great athleticism give him a good shot at success at the next level.

"Talk is cheap" applies to things like NASCAR package where there is absolutely no evidence after a year that this was a thoughtful, productive or successful strategy in any way whatsoever.
    But it sounds cool!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    P-Man?
    wow...smh
    not a good nickname at all...
    I could have said "P-rex" but did not want to insult his short arms.