Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am currently in south philadelphi***

I am currently in south philadelphi***

Im visiting my family and they live less then a minute away from lincoln financial field. I am in deep eagles territory right now and it is hardcore. Its like nothing ive everseen every window is a eagles flag and phillies flag. its not like that in new york. Its hardcore italian eagle fan area. Im probably the only giant fan for miles. If people know im a giant fan they will probably throw me into a window! im dissing my family friend because the giant fans are the better franchise and its hilarious. Im learning how the culture is here in phila. How serious they take everything its hardcore. But they giants are better we all know! go giants!

Bench Player

Re: I am currently in south philadelphi***

If you need an air strike call..

HAHAHAHHA

One of the best posts I have seen you make it seem like your behind enemy lines in a major war.

Hiding in some dark place giving us a secret transmission.

send in the marines or maybe even the seals

[quote user="awb715"]Im visiting my family and they live less then a minute away from lincoln financial field. I am in deep eagles territory right now and it is hardcore. Its like nothing ive everseen every window is a eagles flag and phillies flag. its not like that in new york. Its hardcore italian eagle fan area. Im probably the only giant fan for miles. If people know im a giant fan they will probably throw me into a window! im dissing my family friend because the giant fans are the better franchise and its hilarious. Im learning how the culture is here in phila. How serious they take everything its hardcore. But they giants are better we all know! go giants![/quote]

Hey, I know EXACTLY what you mean. Been a Giants fan for 30 years. Lived in Philly area for 17 of them. The fans are just like you decribe them. In all that time I met only one guy who respected the fact that I was a true FAN, and actually empathized with me in the early 2000's when his Eagles were dominate and we were...... not so much (except in 2000 when we swept them 3 games!).

I came to believe that not only are they collectively lousy fans--if they win one game, they're going to the Superbowl, and when they lose the next game they suck and should fire Reid (in the same season!)--but as a group they are really intimidated by NYC. I got the feeling they subconsciously feel like second class citizens. They still hate Cowboys more, but we're way up there on their hate list.

I had this confirmed when I moved to Colorado 4 yrs ago. The Bronco fans are pretty avid, but I have fun watching Giants games in a sports bar with Bronco, Steeler, Patriot, Charger, even Cowboy and Redskin fans out here. In Philly, it was not fun. It WAS like being behind enemy lines. SUCH losers.

The nice thing, though, is that you really really appreciate fellow Giants fans when you live down there

gmengirl,you aint lying.i live 15 miles outside philly,and have done so for 20 years,but i have also traveled a fair ammount as well.nowher in the country have i ever met a bigger bunch of fair weather fans!listening to them try to actually understand football is comical.i get a big kick out of when an annoucer says something about"those loyal eagles fans".the eagles dont really have fans.they have people that watch their games,but ONLY if they're in the process of having a,winning season whereas giants FANS stick with them even when they're horrible.thats why giants stadium is sold out for the next 100 years,and the eagles are the only team in the modern age [1970-present] to have one of their home playoff games not sell out!take me to central jersey or manhatten any day!

Keep the faith, kiddies! I live in the belly of patiot country and have gotten to enjoy living around so many patsies's fans. They're such hypocrits! The majority of them were Giant fans before the pats came to be. Since the pats won a SB, everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

Our victory in SB 42 has proven to be so sweet. They don't have that much to say anymore. It's gotten kinda quiet around here. Most guys rather talk about the red sox. LOL. Go Giants!!!

i live near philly.......
    ive been battling eagle fans all my life.....mostly i feel that they are bitter jeolouslow lives who feed off their own reputations of being "rowdy fans"...there are a few good ones here and there.
    like one out of a 1000.

i love listening to the local phillysports radio after they lose............its really great stuff.

hahah dude i was a taxi driver in philly when i was going to drexel. my favorite memory was a man weeping in the streets when the eagles lost to the patriots in the sb.

Closed Thread