+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Cribbs deciding between 4 teams..

Profootballtalk reports free agent Josh Cribbs is deciding between the Lions, Raiders, Giants and Jets.
    Cribbs is in the Motor City on Monday after visiting Oakland and both New York teams last week. He'll be signed for his special-teams prowess, not his receiving ability. Related: Lions, Giants, Jets, Raiders
    Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Would we have the option to keep him on the roster as just a returner though? We most likely will have 3 QBs on the roster this year too. And possibly 6 DTs. Not sure we could keep a guy who can only return kids, as good as he is.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

I'd take him if we had salary cap space .............but we don't. The money can be put to better use along the OL or LB or even at DB.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Would we have the option to keep him on the roster as just a returner though? We most likely will have 3 QBs on the roster this year too. And possibly 6 DTs. Not sure we could keep a guy who can only return kids, as good as he is.
    I doubt that.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    and he could be our WR5.. would probally be the end of JJ

I think he will go to the team that presents the best chance for him to get on the field as more than just a return guy. I am only guessing here but I do not think that is the case here in NY.

Veteran
    His best bet would be to go to Detroit who is at least an up and coming team. I can't imagine him going to the Raiders or Jests unless he is strictly looking for a paycheck. I'd imagine that he would be thrilled to be a Giant and at least have a chance of winning a SB but realistically where does he fit in here?

hahaha from those teams, it should be a no brainer... this kid is money hungry probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    and he could be our WR5.. would probally be the end of JJ
    thank god
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 9 games

22 rushes for 245yards 3td
    35 pancake blocks
    42 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 )
    8-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season

Lions Raiders Jets or Giants? Depends if he wants to win a superbowl. Seems like a no brainer to me.