+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Can not believe we released Marcus Davis this early

He must have some real issues aside from football talent.... what a shame

Why in God's name would we give him a $15k signing bonus and then release him a few days later..... come again?
    Last edited by NYG4lifeNYK; 05-12-2013 at 01:40 AM.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Veteran
    wait, what? I was gone all day, for reall?????!?!?!?!

Why not? He was a long shot to make it anyways. For every Cruz there are a thousand that end up doing something other than football.

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    He must have some real issues aside from football talent.... what a shame

Why in God's name would we give him a $15k signing bonus and then release him a few days later..... come again?
    Dude, you should just let this go in the hopes that people will just forget the fact that you made a thread one day before this bum was cut basically guaranteeing that the Giants would keep him over JJ.

By the way, since when is $15K a lot of money in the NFL?
    Last edited by TCHOF; 05-12-2013 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Dude, you should just let this go in the hopes that people will just forget the fact that you made a thread one day before this bum was cut basically guaranteeing that the Giants would keep him over JJ.

It is for a PFA. They normally get 5,000

Veteran

The point is you don't garauntee money to someone you're expecting to cut anyway. In case you haven't noticed over the past couple of years every penny has mattered to us and will be that way for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLnygIN View Post
    The point is you don't garauntee money to someone you're expecting to cut anyway. In case you haven't noticed over the past couple of years every penny has mattered to us and will be that way for quite some time.
    Oh, that's the point, is it? Who said that they were expecting to cut him when they paid him the money? There was probably some competition for him among NFL teams, so the Giants had to pay a little more than is customary for a UDFA to get him here. They obviously invited him to the camp because they thought that he could potentially be a contributor. They didn't like what they saw and cut him. It's as simple as that.

Should they have kept him just because they paid him $15K? Or are you questioning the front office because they paid $15K to a guy that ended up being cut? Either point is sort of silly, don't you think?
    Last edited by TCHOF; 05-12-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Veteran
    Oh, that's the point, is it? Who said that they were expecting to cut him when they paid him the money? There was probably some competition for him among NFL teams, so the Giants had to pay a little more than is customary for a UDFA to get him here. They obviously invited him to the camp because they thought that he could potentially be a contributor. They didn't like what they saw and cut him. It's as simple as that.

Should they have kept him just because they paid him $15K? Or are you questioning the front office because they paid $15K to a guy that ended up being cut? Either point is sort of silly, don't you think?

I do and you're right. I just got a little frustrated with the whole thing not so much the cutting him part. Just the wasted 15,000 it may not seem alot but it sure does seem like we could use it come offseason time, but I see your point in it being silly, bc it is.

I do and you're right. I just got a little frustrated with the whole thing not so much the cutting him part. Just the wasted 15,000 it may not seem alot but it sure does seem like we could use it come offseason time, but I see your point in it being silly, bc it is.
    The 15k doesn't count against the cap.

That money doesn't count towards the cap.