+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    All-Pro NYG4lifeNYK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    11,326

    Can not believe we released Marcus Davis this early

    He must have some real issues aside from football talent.... what a shame


    Why in God's name would we give him a $15k signing bonus and then release him a few days later..... come again?
    Last edited by NYG4lifeNYK; 05-12-2013 at 01:40 AM.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

    I'm ALL IN are you?

    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,446
    wait, what? I was gone all day, for reall?????!?!?!?!

  3. #3
    Veteran Rat_bastich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    2,642
    Why not? He was a long shot to make it anyways. For every Cruz there are a thousand that end up doing something other than football.

  4. #4
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,659
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    He must have some real issues aside from football talent.... what a shame


    Why in God's name would we give him a $15k signing bonus and then release him a few days later..... come again?
    Dude, you should just let this go in the hopes that people will just forget the fact that you made a thread one day before this bum was cut basically guaranteeing that the Giants would keep him over JJ.

    By the way, since when is $15K a lot of money in the NFL?
    Last edited by TCHOF; 05-12-2013 at 07:13 AM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Dude, you should just let this go in the hopes that people will just forget the fact that you made a thread one day before this bum was cut basically guaranteeing that the Giants would keep him over JJ.

    By the way, since when is $15K a lot of money in the NFL?
    It is for a PFA. They normally get 5,000

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Dude, you should just let this go in the hopes that people will just forget the fact that you made a thread one day before this bum was cut basically guaranteeing that the Giants would keep him over JJ.

    By the way, since when is $15K a lot of money in the NFL?
    The point is you don't garauntee money to someone you're expecting to cut anyway. In case you haven't noticed over the past couple of years every penny has mattered to us and will be that way for quite some time.

  7. #7
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,659
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLnygIN View Post
    The point is you don't garauntee money to someone you're expecting to cut anyway. In case you haven't noticed over the past couple of years every penny has mattered to us and will be that way for quite some time.
    Oh, that's the point, is it? Who said that they were expecting to cut him when they paid him the money? There was probably some competition for him among NFL teams, so the Giants had to pay a little more than is customary for a UDFA to get him here. They obviously invited him to the camp because they thought that he could potentially be a contributor. They didn't like what they saw and cut him. It's as simple as that.

    Should they have kept him just because they paid him $15K? Or are you questioning the front office because they paid $15K to a guy that ended up being cut? Either point is sort of silly, don't you think?
    Last edited by TCHOF; 05-12-2013 at 02:05 PM.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Oh, that's the point, is it? Who said that they were expecting to cut him when they paid him the money? There was probably some competition for him among NFL teams, so the Giants had to pay a little more than is customary for a UDFA to get him here. They obviously invited him to the camp because they thought that he could potentially be a contributor. They didn't like what they saw and cut him. It's as simple as that.

    Should they have kept him just because they paid him $15K? Or are you questioning the front office because they paid $15K to a guy that ended up being cut? Either point is sort of silly, don't you think?

    I do and you're right. I just got a little frustrated with the whole thing not so much the cutting him part. Just the wasted 15,000 it may not seem alot but it sure does seem like we could use it come offseason time, but I see your point in it being silly, bc it is.

  9. #9
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,266
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLnygIN View Post
    I do and you're right. I just got a little frustrated with the whole thing not so much the cutting him part. Just the wasted 15,000 it may not seem alot but it sure does seem like we could use it come offseason time, but I see your point in it being silly, bc it is.
    The 15k doesn't count against the cap.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLnygIN View Post
    The point is you don't garauntee money to someone you're expecting to cut anyway. In case you haven't noticed over the past couple of years every penny has mattered to us and will be that way for quite some time.
    That money doesn't count towards the cap.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts