+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

How Does Aaron Curry Fit In With The Giants?

http://www.giants101.com/2013/05/13/...w-york-giants/

Excerpt: "New York Giants' General Manager Jerry Reese has pulled off another of his signature low risk, high reward signings. This time it comes by way of former fourth overall pick, linebacker Aaron Curry. The big question becomes, how does Curry fit in with with the Giants' plans at linebacker?

Drafted by the Seakhawks in 2009, Curry never quite lived up to the hype that comes with a top five pick in the draft. After only two seasons, he would be traded to the Oakland Raiders where he spent all but two games of the season on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list because of knee issues. The Raiders chose to waive him after only one season.Only 27-years-old, Curry has a chance to start a new career in the NFL with the Giants. New York is hoping he can return to the level of play he was capable of coming out of college. Head coach Tom Coughlin spoke with Giants.com about their hopes for Curry.

"He worked out well for us. Of course, he was the fourth pick in the draft. I looked at some of the grades, and the grades were outstanding. So he is anxious to have an opportunity and we are anxious to provide him with one. Hopefully the two will meet and we will get a very talented player who can come into the Giant organization and play the way he was graded coming out of college," Coughlin said." Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

What exactly are his "knee issues"?

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    What exactly are his "knee issues"?
    http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...a-484b26c7a084
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Instead it looks like he will be competing with newly acquired middle linebacker Dan Connor and Mark Herzlich for the starting middle linebacker job.
    Eh, still seems like they're trying to fill the MLB void through multiple subpackages. That looks like a competition between three 2-down LBs with maybe more three safety looks.

What does it say? if you dont mind...
    Cant access at work..
    I was wondering the same thing. What exactly are his knee issues?

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    What does it say? if you dont mind...
    Cant access at work..
    I was wondering the same thing. What exactly are his knee issues?
    There aren't any details on the knee injury. The article just says that he injured his knee in Raiders training camp last year. He played in two games in Nov last season and then was released. Then there is a quote from Reese that Curry isn't in great shape because he's been rehabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reese
    “He needs to drop some weight. He’s about 265. When he came out he was about 255. He needs to drop some weight, he hasn’t done a lot of cardio, he’s been rehabbing from a knee injury. But he’s in pretty good shape, he did a nice workout for us and hopefully he can step in and create some competition at that position.”
    Last edited by lamas; 05-13-2013 at 09:01 AM. Reason: added quote from Reese

This is all I can find online:

This is in RotoWorld:

Curry, 27, has made 39 career starts primarily as a strong-side linebacker in Seattle and Oakland. He appeared in only two games last year due to chronic knee soreness

What the heck is knee soreness?

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    This is all I can find online:

This is in RotoWorld:

Curry, 27, has made 39 career starts primarily as a strong-side linebacker in Seattle and Oakland. He appeared in only two games last year due to chronic knee soreness

What the heck is knee soreness?
    It's the opposite of Ahmad Bradshaw playing with broken bones in his feet.
    Do not feed the trolls.

A quote on ESPN's website says: "Reese acknowledged Curry's previous knee issues are serious", but doesn't give any details.

normally I would think that when a team releases a player who was the 4th overall pick in the draft there is more to it then just a sore knee, I hope this all works out for Curry because then it will be a big plus for the team but I remain a little curious about nobody picking this guy up except the Giants. It looks like just more of us trying to use the Patriots philosophy of picking up other teams castoffs and hoping for a bonanza. I really hope I'm wrong about my feelings and that we finally get a top quality LBer but right now its just more question marks....