+ Reply to Thread
    Bench Player

English Giants Fan First Visit to NYC

Hey guys,

I've been following NYG since Eli Manning's rookie season, and have yet been to a Giants game in the States. Coming to NYC for New Year and really want to go to the Meadowlands for the Redskins game on the 29/12. So just was wondering if any of you could help a guy out with some information. Just some questions:

- How easy/hard is it to buy tickets for the game?
    - Is it easy to get to the Meadowlands from NYC?
    - Where is best to buy Giants jerseys in New York? The UK NFL shop only sells Eli Manning (Home) and Justin Tuck (Away)

I'm sure I'll have more questions nearer to the date. Thanks in advance for any help

There should be answers to some of your questions in here if nobody pipes up.

Re: the jerseys; http://shop.giants.com is probably your best bet. I'm not sure about physical stores.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 05-15-2013 at 09:32 AM.

To get to the stadium, you can take the NJ Transit train to seacaucus station. There I think there is a shuttle to take you to the stadium and back.

While in the City, you can just go to any sporting goods store like ****'s, or Modells and they should sell a bunch of Giants gear.

Normally, Tickets are available - it just depends on how much you want to spend.

Where's "UK Giants Fan" when you need him.....

There are a bunch of sites and options to get tickets....if you don't want to run the risk of getting ripped off then http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmas...iants-tickets/ is your best bet but tickets won't be available on this site for a few weeks/months. There's also stubhub......prices will vary greatly for that game and will depend on if the Giants are in contention for a playoff spot (hopefully) or just playing the schedule out.

Best spots for a jersey as Gumby said is a local sports chain like Modell's or D I C K S.......the profanity blocker might star that out...if so the store's name rhymes with Nicks.....with a D in place of the N.....

Trains run to and from the stadium from the city through NJ Transit...they're pretty frequent too.....a few hours before, during and after the game.

Chain stores should have typical Giants gear and items. It may actually be harder to find than expected in Manhattan though which I wouldn't exactly consider a football town. You'll probably find better spots in the outer boroughs and North Jersey where the following is especially strong.

As mentioned above, NJT handles access to Giants stadium, but it's accessible from New York Penn.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMack View Post
    Hey guys,

I've been following NYG since Eli Manning's rookie season, and have yet been to a Giants game in the States. Coming to NYC for New Year and really want to go to the Meadowlands for the Redskins game on the 29/12. So just was wondering if any of you could help a guy out with some information. Just some questions:

- How easy/hard is it to buy tickets for the game?
    - Is it easy to get to the Meadowlands from NYC?
    - Where is best to buy Giants jerseys in New York? The UK NFL shop only sells Eli Manning (Home) and Justin Tuck (Away)

I'm sure I'll have more questions nearer to the date. Thanks in advance for any help
    Try stubhub.com for tickets