+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Say What You Will About Diehl's Play of Late . . . . .

If you listened to his interview on Sirius this morning, it's hard not to love the guy. He loves being a Giant and is a total team guy. Texted Pugh right after the draft and offered to help him in any way he can.

He's making a lot less now, so I think people are ok with him as a backup on our team. However, no one really wants to see him on the field anymore.
    the "realist" is a lazy piece of crap that works on his tan while sipping a margarita,
    the pessimist changes the sails while complaining about the lazy piece of crap,
    and the optimist changes the sails while hoping the lazy piece of crap will start to do his share of the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    He's making a lot less now, so I think people are ok with him as a backup on our team. However, no one really wants to see him on the field anymore.
    Including me . . . but my point is that he came off real well in the interview . . . IMO anyway

I've always liked Diehl. He's done everything asked of him and has performed well for the Giants.

One of the best draft pick values we've ever had (he was a 5th round pick).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Probably texted Pugh how he likes his steaks done.

I wonder what Brett Favre texted Aaron Rodgers once he was drafted.

He's a turnstile these days but it's hard not to like Diehl.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    If you listened to his interview on Sirius this morning, it's hard not to love the guy. He loves being a Giant and is a total team guy. Texted Pugh right after the draft and offered to help him in any way he can.
    Really nice guy. Real team player. Besides the drunk driving incident last year, he has had a clean record on and off the field.

But his skills have deteriorated. It happens to every player. It's time to move on.

I love RoanokeFan too but it doesn't mean he can play OL for us!
    On the serious side, Diehl has always been a stand up guy including the DWI incident last year. I'd love him as a neighbor and I'm hoping he can contribute this year.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Theres a difference between loving your team and still being able to play the game like you used to. Same as me liking him as a guy, but losing faith in him as a starter.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

I don't think anyone has a problem with Diehl's attitude or actions. He has always said the right things and been a class act off the field, with the exception of that DWI.

People just didn't like the idea of Diehl taking up a lot of cap space coupled with his declining play on the field. I'm sure the vast majority of fans wouldn't mind if Diehl kept himself affiliated with the team, as a coach or in some other capacity, when he retires.