+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luke Kuechly

Bench Player

Luke Kuechly

Hey guys/gals , I know we got a lot on our plates this week with this huge game coming up but I just wanted to switch it up a little bit...

I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with Luke Kuechly MLB Boston College. This kid looks awesome. Great feet/Great Hips/ plays sideline to sideline with very good speed. He can come up and stuff the run and has great instincts when it comes to reading the QB. He's a pretty good size right now at 6'3 , 240 lbs. Prolly needs to put on 10 lbs but that will come.

Just wondering if you guys thought there was anyway he gets to us in the draft at the late teens , early 20s? I highly doubt it but I was looking for your feedback. We need a LB so badly that I wonder if JR would trace up for him.

If your not familiar with him, check out his film on YouTube. You will enjoy.

Thanks

All-Pro

Re: Luke Kuechly

My thoughts are what he lacks instrength and quickness, he makes up for with his smarts and preperation. He is always around the ball. He knows where to be and how to make a stop. He is a tackle machine. My only worry is he doesnt have the strength to shed NFL blocks. Sure, he is tackling everyone in the ACC, but the NFL is a total different beast.

I guess we would have to wait for his combine to see his strength and speed and burst. I already know his smarts and instincts are there. Id like to see his timed cones and 40, and bench numbers though.

Veteran

[quote user="JStyle"]Hey guys/gals , I know we got a lot on our plates this week with this huge game coming up but I just wanted to switch it up a little bit...

I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with Luke Kuechly MLB Boston College. This kid looks awesome. Great feet/Great Hips/ plays sideline to sideline with very good speed. He can come up and stuff the run and has great instincts when it comes to reading the QB. He's a pretty good size right now at 6'3 , 240 lbs. Prolly needs to put on 10 lbs but that will come.

Just wondering if you guys thought there was anyway he gets to us in the draft at the late teens , early 20s? I highly doubt it but I was looking for your feedback. We need a LB so badly that I wonder if JR would trace up for him.

If your not familiar with him, check out his film on YouTube. You will enjoy.

Thanks[/quote]

No way he makes it to the 32nd pick.

Bench Player

Lol haha I love where your heads at Spizi !

He doesnt really jump off the screen to me.

He's doesn't look extremely fast and he likes to run around blockers.

Plus he needs to gain 15 lbs. We need someone who's nfl ready. He might be there when we pick but he's not the guy I want.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Bench Player

I think we should draft ol in the first, mabye riley reif or konz. Then lb in the second, and rb in the third.

Bench Player

Haha! I love it, great thinkin, no way he makes it to the 32nd pick.

[quote user="burier"]He doesnt really jump off the screen to me.

Plus he needs to gain 15 lbs. We need someone who's nfl ready. He might be there when we pick but he's not the guy I want.[/quote]

He is the most nfl ready Lb in the draft.

All LBs at every stage of the game prefer to run around blockers rather than take them on. But Kuechly actually disengages from blocks very well.

Disagree that he needs to gain 15 pounds. If he actually is in the range or 235-240 then he is perfectly fine, he will likely add weight once he gets into the nfl, but he can be extremely effective at 235-240.

Let's not forget the giants have J Williams out there all 3 downs and he is only 221 pounds....

Veteran

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="burier"]He doesnt really jump off the screen to me.

Plus he needs to gain 15 lbs. We need someone who's nfl ready. He might be there when we pick but he's not the guy I want.[/quote]

He is the most nfl ready Lb in the draft.

All LBs at every stage of the game prefer to run around blockers rather than take them on. But Kuechly actually disengages from blocks very well.

Disagree that he needs to gain 15 pounds. If he actually is in the range or 235-240 then he is perfectly fine, he will likely add weight once he gets into the nfl, but he can be extremely effective at 235-240.

Let's not forget the giants have J Williams out there all 3 downs and he is only 221 pounds....[/quote]

Exactly. 235-250 is ideal for a lb but there are of course exceptions. Kiwi is 265 and JWill is 225.

+ Reply to Thread