+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jets Mike Goodson Arrested On Drug And Weapon Charges

If I had the money, I would buy the Jets from Woody Johnson, move them somewhere out west that might want a pro football team (Oklahoma, maybe), and rebuild them as a solid, hardworking franchise. This would have several net effects: 1) create a good football team with good values, 2) Make the AFC east a little more competitive (though it would probably entail the new team joining the AFC South and bumping the Colts to the East), and most importantly 3) The tears of unfathomable sadness that would issue forth from Jets fans for the rest of their lives.

I have a similar fantasy about Philadelphia.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlitzer View Post
    The Vehicle was found parked in the middle of an interstate ( In the middle lane ) with the men passed out. ( I nearly Hurled I was laughing so hard, because some Buffoon was arguing with Papa that the Jets should not cut Him because He only made a mistake, and that Goodson has a family )
    First thing that came to mind was this.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlitzer View Post
    The Vehicle was found parked in the middle of an interstate ( In the middle lane ) with the men passed out. ( I nearly Hurled I was laughing so hard, because some Buffoon was arguing with Papa that the Jets should not cut Him because He only made a mistake, and that Goodson has a family )
    Apparently he has a lot of family...

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...eapons-charges

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Looks like things are going pretty well for the Jets. Their owner is now quoting Superman.

“We’re trying to win games and do the right thing. Truth, justice and the American way. We live by it, we really do,” he told reporters. “We have a strong credo, very proud people, very intelligent people that work in our building. We want to avoid the avoidable and I think we do a good job.”
    I have no problem with the owner of a team talking to the media. It's there team after all, but man does Woody Johnson always sound like he's trying to deliver a catch phrase? Or sound like a movie line?

+ Reply to Thread