+ Reply to Thread

Next Year Team Changes and Needs

ON OFFENSE:
    MUST HAVE: LT, C, and TE
    LIKE TO ADD: WR, RB

Why? Although Beatty played ok at LT, he is too finese type player. Diehl was inconsistent but played effectively, I feel we need a stud at LT.

I know that Baas was playiing injured but I think we need better play at Center. He needs to have his contract restructured!!!

Petrus is our future Guard opposite Snee. Booth is a good backup at Center and Guard. Brewster will be our new RT. I hope Stacey Andrews comes back next year for depth too.

We need to get rid of Beckum and get another pass catching run blocking complimentary TE.

I'm 50-50 with MM as our #3WR. Although he had good YAC, he also ran incorrect routes too frequently. Eli threw interceptions a few times cuz of his bad route running. I know we have Barden and Jernigan in the wings but they are #4 and #5 WRs. If we draft a speedster WR it will help open things up for our running game, as well as for the other WRs.

Speaking of RB, our OL was our main problem. I think DJ Ware played ok. I like the rookie on sT retruning kickoffs. As he learns the playbook and blocking schemes he can be used more.

We never look for a backup QB. It would be interesting if we found a backup that was mobile as a change of pace, in case Eli gets hurt? We have been fortunate that he has endured.

ON DEFENSE:
    MUST HAVE: OLB, CB, MLB
    LIKE TO ADD: BPA, DT

PLAY TO OUR STRENGTH. MOVE KIWI BACK TO THE DE ROTATION WITH STARTERS JPP and TUCK. DESPITE WHAT MANY THINK, KEEP OSI, and White Chocolate TOLLEFSON . OSI IS STILL GOOD! YOU WOULD BE UPSET TOO IF YOU WERE PROMISED MORE MONEY AND GOT SCREWED! Occasionally KIWI can continue to play OLB on 3rd down passing plays.

We have a decent core of DTs with CANTY, JOSEPH and AUSTIN. Austin is like an extra draft pick next year cuz he didn't get to be in the rotation. Hopefully he learned by watching film?
    Perhaps we draft a new 4th DT?

DRAFT A LB and get one in FA. We have Boley outside and Goff will return in the middle from his injury. I like Herzlick and as ST and backup LB Chase Blackburn knows the system and is a valuable asset. Sintim needs to show something.

CB: TT returns and Webster are the starters. Prince is #. Ross is #4, if he stays.

Safety: We get Chad Jones returning and Sash has a year experience. KP and Rolle can play more effectively with the return of key players at other psns.

We need to replace the DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thoughts?

Veteran

Re: Next Year Team Changes and Needs

FA
    Offense
    - Carl Nicks
    - JerMichael Finley

Defense
    - Curtis Lofton

Cut/Let Walk
    - Ross
    - Diehl