Big Ben questionable; Pouncey out vs. 49ers</P>

It's still too early to tell if Ben Roethlisberger will play Monday. But at least he took a positive step in that direction Saturday.</P>

Even though he's still limping noticeably with a left ankle sprain, Roethlisberger managed to practice for the first time this week.</P>

Roethlisberger sprained his left ankle during a 14-3 win over Cleveland Browns on Dec. 8. He did not speak to reporters following practice, but guard Ramon Foster said the quarterback showed little problems throwing the ball despite limited mobility.</P>

''I could see him playing against the 49ers,'' Foster said. ''I guess we won't know for sure for a couple days, but with a late Monday night game and two more days to rest and rehab I think he'll be all right to play. And I certainly wouldn't bet against him.''</P>

Roethlisberger last missed a start due to injury in 2009. Veteran Charlie Batch will get the start if Roethlisberger can't go.</P>

While Pittsburgh Steelers have ruled out center Maurkice Pouncey, who also has a high ankle sprain for Monday night's game vs . San Francisco 49ers.
</P>