+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jernigan, Murphy Step Up To The Plate

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...p-to-the-plate

Excerpt: "The biggest story of the Giants' first organized team activities of the offseason was the absence of Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz.

The biggest opportunity went to the wide receivers who got increased reps in their places.

Rueben Randle and Jerrel Jernigan served as the starters in seven-on-seven and 11-on-11 drills, and new addition Louis Murphy saw plenty of action too.

"I saw a flash play here and there. So that’s a good thing," said coach Tom Coughlin, when asked about Jernigan and Murphy.

"He did fine," Coughlin said of Randle. "We haven’t seen a whole lot. Check with me in about five or six practices."

Randle, the team's second-round draft pick in 2012, figured to play a prominent role this season no matter what. He caught 19 passes for 298 yards as a rookie, including two touchdown catches in the final game of last season. Given the departures of Domenik Hixon and Ramses Barden, Randle is the clear front-runner to serve as the team's third wide receiver behind Nicks and Cruz. " Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Coaches seem high on JJ. Gilbride said good things about JJ a few weeks ago as well.

Sounds like JJ and Murphy had a more productive day than RR.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Coaches seem high on JJ. Gilbride said good things about JJ a few weeks ago as well.
    Its only the haters on here that do not see it cause he hasn't leapt out at them yet...Its not his fault that he is stuck behind cruz on the depth chart
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Banned
    No surprise here, our WR core is the best unit on the team. No worries at all there.

murphy is right, this offensive system could help highlight his skill set. Opposing corners matched up on him will HAVE TO RESPECT his speed, that will soften the coverage on any in or out breaks...should create a ton of seperation. then once teams start sitting on the out and in cuts, he'll fly right by them for a 50 yd pass in stride for a TD...Murphy could end up being the biggest offseason addition.
    We've wanted that speed threat for years n years. its the only reason why we drafted S.Moss imo and Tim Carter, to get that deep threat. We havent had much luck panning that kinda wr out. MM was the exception and he had his well known issues, despite those though, he would routinely be in the top 5 in the nfl for YPC...Murphy has more speed and can be used, bc of our depth at wr, as strictly that speed threat staple where we force the defensive coverages...

Lets see if JJ can beat him out for the #4. Should be a good fight

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    Lets see if JJ can beat him out for the #4. Should be a good fight
    Honestly, if JJ is our #5, we have the best WR corps in the league. JJ would start (or at least be a #3 slot receiver) and get significant production on several other teams...

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

If after being on the roster for 3 years and the best that can be said is that the coach saw a "flash play here and there," then JJ is surely not the player that we hoped he'd be.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    Sounds like JJ and Murphy had a more productive day than RR.
    I'm goin to puke all over the place if we have another 2nd round bust in such a short period of time...