+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Receivers Impress In Expanded Opportunities

http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/6150

Excerpt: "With Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz not participating in Wednesday’s OTA, a huge opportunity presented itself for a trio of receivers. The three pass catchers did not disappoint, as Louis Murphy, Jerrel Jernigan, and Rueben Randle each had impressive performances.

Murphy got things started early. In the first 11-on-11, he beat Corey Webster on a deep post route and Eli Manning hit him for a would-be 50 yard touchdown. The timing of the entire play made it seem as though the two had been working together for years, not weeks.

The fourth-year speedster out of the University of Florida later commented on his playmaking ability, saying, “That’s what I like to do, stretch the field. But I can do a lot of things.”

Although he has the speed of an inside receiver, Murphy’s 6-2 frame lends itself better for being lined up outside, and that is where he was lined up for the majority of his snaps. The Giants’ quarterbacks target Murphy deep several times more times during practice, and both times he had his man beat but a poor throw derailed any threat of a completion both times.

Jernigan did most of his damage on the inside today, reminiscent of another short-statured receiver Giants fans might be familiar with. He was most impressive on slant routes, showing a quick burst off the ball and exploding back to the inside allowing him to gain several feet of separation from Corey Webster on one play, and enough separation to create a nice throwing window on his other slants. Even more impressive was his ability to make a catch under pressure, as he made a tough grab with Prince Amukamara draped all over him." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Common denominator here: COREY WEBSTER GETTING BURNED...

I'm so glad to see that Murphy is legit. I'm not buying too much into JJ b/c it seems like this is the case every training camp. Randle I trust will develop into a beast.
    I'm excited to find out about Myers, is he a no show?

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    I'm so glad to see that Murphy is legit. I'm not buying too much into JJ b/c it seems like this is the case every training camp. Randle I trust will develop into a beast.
    I'm excited to find out about Myers, is he a no show?
    this only his second training camp....so I have no idea how that statement makes any sense
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Common denominator here: COREY WEBSTER GETTING BURNED...
    LOL LOL LOL.....Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    this only his second training camp....so I have no idea how that statement makes any sense
    Last time I checked the word "every" does not apply solely to more than 3 events...

It seems like EVERY time the Giants have gone to the Superbowl in the past 10 years they have won it.
    OH NOESSS! "every" doesnt apply here!!!

Last time I checked the word "every" does not apply solely to more than 3 events...

It seems like EVERY time the Giants have gone to the Superbowl in the past 10 years they have won it.
    rationalize all you want...still makes no sense....have a great day
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Not only that, it was only 2 of 3 events. JJ made a grab whilst being blanketed by Prince.

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Why do I have a feeling we're going to see ACLs in the OTAs?
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Why do I have a feeling we're going to see ACLs in the OTAs?
    I have that feeling as well. I hope i'm wrong.