+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Giants Perfect Landing Spot For DE John Abraham?

http://www.giants101.com/2013/05/29/...-john-abraham/

Excerpt: "Heading into the month of June, veteran defensive end John Abraham is still sitting out on the open market as a free agent. So far this offseason, the 35-year-old pass rusher has visited with the Denver Broncos, New England Patriots, Tennessee Titans and Seattle Seahawks, but has left every single meeting without a deal.

Abraham's old employer, the Atlanta Falcons, replaced him with former New York Giants DE Osi Umenyiora, who was pried away with a two-year deal. This, of course, signaled the end of Abraham's seven-year tenure with the franchise.

During Sirius XM Radio spot on Tuesday, Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan of CBS Sports discussed Abraham's free agent situation and suggested the New York Giants were the perfect landing spot for the veteran." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

As the article says, it only makes some sense if he lowers his asking price.

A DE switcheroo!

I agree with the article, we would have just kept Osi or made a play on Freeney.

Tuck, JPP, Tracey, Ojomo, Kiwi, Moore ... how many DEs can we possibly sign?
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Tuck, JPP, Tracey, Ojomo, Kiwi, Moore ... how many DEs can we possibly sign?
    Some take the "you could never have enough pass rushers" thing literally

If people thought Osi was a pain in the ***, imagine if Abraham was here.

Just wheel out a field goal blocking formation on every down.

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Some take the "you could never have enough pass rushers" thing literally
    Tracey and Ojomo are pass rushers?

I'd rather see our younger guys (Tracy, Ojomo, Moore) out there getting snaps and getting experience, even if they produce less rigth away than Abraham could. I'd consider that an investment in their development.
    Do not feed the trolls.