+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    You give Tiki too much credit for being smart. What do you think he was some kind of valedictorian?
    No one remembers who came in second.

apology accepted we owe a lot to Tiki and Warner for all the success TC and Eli as well as the rest of the giants and fans have enjoyed.

if only some other fans would stop holding their grudge long enough to see what Tiki was really saying. even when he said things about TC it was so TC would stop treating vets like kids and to lighten up a bit.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    apology accepted we owe a lot to Tiki and Warner for all the success TC and Eli as well as the rest of the giants and fans have enjoyed.

if only some other fans would stop holding their grudge long enough to see what Tiki was really saying. even when he said things about TC it was so TC would stop treating vets like kids and to lighten up a bit.
    I completely agree. If Tiki was not such a tool, the Giants would never have won the Super Bowl twice since he retired.

Apology accepted? You are sleep deprived lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Apology accepted? You are sleep deprived lol
    you're not lying , i just got off back to back doubles. one of which a guy was 45 min late relieving me. im so tired. ttyl Roa have a good holiday
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Look, I was mad when Tiki left his wife and went crazy but was his remarks about Eli really a bad thing? Eli was a joke before his big play. Eli was a funny guy. I remember when he use to throw bad balls then go to the sideline with that goofy look on his face. He got mad at one player cause the player made a mistake, yet Eli threw an ints on the next play. The player Eli got mad at should got on his case. I was joking on the last part though.

Yet something happened after those comments Tiki made. I think Tiki tried to feul the desire in Eli. Eli needed somebody to tell him that his play needed to improved inorder to be a leader. Harooni, I apalogize to you about liking Tiki. I was in the wrong and forgave Tiki for being the person he was. Thank you Tiki for telling that use to be stupid qb that he didn't play like a leader but like a sucka. Remember Eli always look downward when Former Giant Shockey was in his face talking about why you didn't throw me the ball. Yet Breese got on Shockey's behind when Shockey was with the Saints. Now Eli doesn't play that mess and doesn't look goofy any more. I believe that Tiki had a part in it. Oh and he maybe threw our coach under the bus as well but Coughlin was a meany who did overwork the players and the players admit that Coughlin was too mean. Coughlin changed as well so I also thank Tiki for that as well. Without Tiki's remarks and the playrs complaining, they wanted to play for our Superbowl coaching coach.

Many people should be grateful that Tiki said bad things about Eli. They was not made to throw Eli under the bus but to feul Eli. To make Eli say Oh yeah well watch me.
    First off TC was told by his wife that he better ease up and change his style a litle or he will lose his team. Was in the TC biogaphy on TV.
    Secondly ANYTHING Tiki does or says is FOR TIKI. He is as narcasiic they get ........
    Shockey was a dif player when he was in NO. Also Brees was an established QB at that point.
    Tiki said TC took the "fun" out of football for him. Tiki wanted to be treated like a man but was acting like a chid.......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

My main gripe with Tiki has always been the constant drum beat of his brilliance off the field. He spawned it, promoted it to excess and some here have been coopted by it. He was a great player on the field for us and arguably our best RB ever. Beyond that................. not much of a teammate, because everything in the end was all about him. One quick example: pre-announcing his retirement so that every week all the reporters would be talking about life after Tiki, in every city we visited. That was a typically selfish distraction introduced to pump up his own post football value but it served as a distraction for the TEAM.

If he were half as smart as he believes he is, he would be Walter Cronkite or our next Senator by now. Right?

We all should go easy on our rhetoric (starting with me) regarding Tiki but to suggest that the boy wonder had a grander more noble gesture in mind when he criticized Eli is just silly. Isn't it?
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    First off TC was told by his wife that he better ease up and change his style a litle or he will lose his team. Was in the TC biogaphy on TV.
    Secondly ANYTHING Tiki does or says is FOR TIKI. He is as narcasiic they get ........
    Shockey was a dif player when he was in NO. Also Brees was an established QB at that point.
    Tiki said TC took the "fun" out of football for him. Tiki wanted to be treated like a man but was acting like a chid.......
    Tiki only acted like a child when he did his wife wrong. Usualy, there are differentr types of children and all of them don't act immature. If so then they would commit a lot of crime. Why it took his wife that long to tell TC what to do? Come on can someones actions fuel others to do better? If not according to you, then why have coaches, pep talks and leaders?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Tiki only acted like a child when he did his wife wrong. Usualy, there are differentr types of children and all of them don't act immature. If so then they would commit a lot of crime. Why it took his wife that long to tell TC what to do? Come on can someones actions fuel others to do better? If not according to you, then why have coaches, pep talks and leaders?
    Tiki only acted like a child when cheated on his wife?? That doesnt even make sense. Adults commit "adultry".....Tiki constantly had his foot in his mouth after football. His acts of self impportance are all over most things he says. Read a Tiki interview and count how many times he uses the words, I, my, me, mine......you will be amazed. Tiki was great as an RB for the Giants and rooted for him bigtime. But I have lost respect for him. But thats just me...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

you're not lying , i just got off back to back doubles. one of which a guy was 45 min late relieving me. im so tired. ttyl Roa have a good holiday
    A happy Memorial Day to you as well.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1