+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    My main gripe with Tiki has always been the constant drum beat of his brilliance off the field. He spawned it, promoted it to excess and some here have been coopted by it. He was a great player on the field for us and arguably our best RB ever. Beyond that................. not much of a teammate, because everything in the end was all about him. One quick example: pre-announcing his retirement so that every week all the reporters would be talking about life after Tiki, in every city we visited. That was a typically selfish distraction introduced to pump up his own post football value but it served as a distraction for the TEAM.

If he were half as smart as he believes he is, he would be Walter Cronkite or our next Senator by now. Right?

We all should go easy on our rhetoric (starting with me) regarding Tiki but to suggest that the boy wonder had a grander more noble gesture in mind when he criticized Eli is just silly. Isn't it?
    +1
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Tiki only acted like a child when he did his wife wrong. Usualy, there are differentr types of children and all of them don't act immature. If so then they would commit a lot of crime. Why it took his wife that long to tell TC what to do? Come on can someones actions fuel others to do better? If not according to you, then why have coaches, pep talks and leaders?
    Tiki's intentions were to publicly demean Eli and Coughlin. If he had been trying to give them advice he would have done it privately. Tiki is self-absorbed. Great football player but that's it for me.

tiki ......four letters in his name and two of them are "I".....go figure....lol
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I do not blame tiki for what he said, it was sour grapes after a long, brilliant career. The problem for the giants was that tiki was TOO good. He was 40% of our offence we ran him, we threw to him, he did it all and he was a crutch. Once the giants lost him everyone had to take a long hard look in the mirror and say, "now where are we going to get 40% of our offence from?" So when tiki left there was a changing of the guard. Jacobs hit his peak, eli became the leader, Plaxico became the pre-modona star. Strahan and Coughlin kissed. None of that could not happen before tiki left.

So it was not what tiki said, as his absence that caused change. For the people still mad at tiki, get over it. Toomer had sour grapes too when we cut him, it happens, toomer said he was sorry and it was all forgotten, but tiki does not get the same pass for some reason.

Tiki had a big ego, we know that, it is what helped him be a great player. MOST people in the NFL think the same way, "Im the best" and if they fail the fault is elsewhere. They HAVE to think that way. You dont make it to pro's unless your highly confident about your skills.

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    I do not blame tiki for what he said, it was sour grapes after a long, brilliant career. The problem for the giants was that tiki was TOO good. He was 40% of our offence we ran him, we threw to him, he did it all and he was a crutch. Once the giants lost him everyone had to take a long hard look in the mirror and say, "now where are we going to get 40% of our offence from?" So when tiki left there was a changing of the guard. Jacobs hit his peak, eli became the leader, Plaxico became the pre-modona star. Strahan and Coughlin kissed. None of that could not happen before tiki left.

So it was not what tiki said, as his absence that caused change. For the people still mad at tiki, get over it. Toomer had sour grapes too when we cut him, it happens, toomer said he was sorry and it was all forgotten, but tiki does not get the same pass for some reason.

Tiki had a big ego, we know that, it is what helped him be a great player. MOST people in the NFL think the same way, "Im the best" and if they fail the fault is elsewhere. They HAVE to think that way. You dont make it to pro's unless your highly confident about your skills.
    nothing to forgive him for....he said what he said and he meant it. Way more then Toomer ever did. I dont have to like Tiki and as a matter of fact I dont. Narcism and self confidence dont have to go togteher at all. I dont need to get over anything. Tiki messed his own bed. His fault not mine.....

Tiki should form a street team to clean up society with his reverse psychology ramblings.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    nothing to forgive him for....he said what he said and he meant it. Way more then Toomer ever did. I dont have to like Tiki and as a matter of fact I dont. Narcism and self confidence dont have to go togteher at all. I dont need to get over anything. Tiki messed his own bed. His fault not mine.....
    Right but I watch some stuff and people boo him. It goes way too far. I'm not going to defend him, but Narcissism and self-confidence is a thin line.

For argument sake:
    Ask anyone (a friend, yourself) why they left their last job, ask a friend over a beer, then ask them during an interview. Watch how the two answers are totally difference. Over a beer its like "my boss is an arse hole, no one appreciated me" ask during an interview its like "I want to grow, bla bla"

That fact that many people change what they say based on who their talking to shows the fine line between narcissism and self confidence. Its who you ask and when you ask.

No one should forgive him or whatever, but when people boo him I dont like it. People probably would not boo LT or meggit and look what THEY DID!

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    Right but I watch some stuff and people boo him. It goes way too far. I'm not going to defend him, but Narcissism and self-confidence is a thin line.

For argument sake:
    Ask anyone (a friend, yourself) why they left their last job, ask a friend over a beer, then ask them during an interview. Watch how the two answers are totally difference. Over a beer its like "my boss is an arse hole, no one appreciated me" ask during an interview its like "I want to grow, bla bla"

That fact that many people change what they say based on who their talking to shows the fine line between narcissism and self confidence. Its who you ask and when you ask.

No one should forgive him or whatever, but when people boo him I dont like it. People probably would not boo LT or meggit and look what THEY DID!
    Tiki is history, not worth the attention. I feel the same way about Parcells for the way he threw the team under the bus when he left with no warning. Tiki brought all of the negativity you don't like on himself.

I don't recall Meggett or LT trashing their former teammates and/or coaches.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Look, I was mad when Tiki left his wife and went crazy but was his remarks about Eli really a bad thing? Eli was a joke before his big play. Eli was a funny guy. I remember when he use to throw bad balls then go to the sideline with that goofy look on his face. He got mad at one player cause the player made a mistake, yet Eli threw an ints on the next play. The player Eli got mad at should got on his case. I was joking on the last part though.

Yet something happened after those comments Tiki made. I think Tiki tried to feul the desire in Eli. Eli needed somebody to tell him that his play needed to improved inorder to be a leader. Harooni, I apalogize to you about liking Tiki. I was in the wrong and forgave Tiki for being the person he was. Thank you Tiki for telling that use to be stupid qb that he didn't play like a leader but like a sucka. Remember Eli always look downward when Former Giant Shockey was in his face talking about why you didn't throw me the ball. Yet Breese got on Shockey's behind when Shockey was with the Saints. Now Eli doesn't play that mess and doesn't look goofy any more. I believe that Tiki had a part in it. Oh and he maybe threw our coach under the bus as well but Coughlin was a meany who did overwork the players and the players admit that Coughlin was too mean. Coughlin changed as well so I also thank Tiki for that as well. Without Tiki's remarks and the playrs complaining, they wanted to play for our Superbowl coaching coach.

Many people should be grateful that Tiki said bad things about Eli. They was not made to throw Eli under the bus but to feul Eli. To make Eli say Oh yeah well watch me.
    Besides his football career, the only thing Tiki should be praised about is leaving the Giants. If he and Shockey didn't leave, I don't think Eli would have grown and taken the steps he took to become the leader on this team. They would have demeaned him and not allow him to take the lead.

Tiki didn't say what he said to help Eli. He said it because he believed and he wanted to draw attention to himself.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...ticle-1.420761

"They tried to do it earlier in the season, but I kept playing well and keeping myself in the mix," Toomer said after helping build a playground at an East Tampa school. "They let me play myself out of it, then kind of pulled the rug out from under me. I was fighting it. I was fighting it for as long as I could. I kept making big plays and I felt like if they kept throwing to me, I'd keep making big plays.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2UQ8CWqZz

Wow! "pulled the rug out from under him." Much worse then giving an OPINION about "eli not being a good leader"