+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-Pro

Im Amazed we have a shot to win the division:

With all the injuries we have, with the complete ignoring of our LB and TE positions (BTW with Ballard out again, we have NO TE), with the horrible signing of Baas, with leading the league in drops, with the worst rushing game in the NFL, with the 4th worst defense in the NFL, we have a shot to win the division, go 9-7 and win 3 of our last 4 to make it to the playoffs with some kind of momentum.

Wow.

I honestly can say this team should not even be close to the playoffs this season. Last years team was much better and we went 10-6.

Go Giants.

Re: Im Amazed we have a shot to win the division:

I say take what we got. We ARE in the division game whether we deserve to be there or not. I am glad we are and hope we continue on through the playoffs. I'm not complaining. just saying....
    WIN GIANTS!! WIN IT ALL!!

[quote user="TuckYou"]

With all the injuries we have, with the complete ignoring of our LB and TE positions (BTW with Ballard out again, we have NO TE), with the horrible signing of Baas, with leading the league in drops, with the worst rushing game in the NFL, with the 4th worst defense in the NFL, we have a shot to win the division, go 9-7 and win 3 of our last 4 to make it to the playoffs with some kind of momentum.

Wow.

I honestly can say this team should not even be close to the playoffs this season. Last years team was much better and we went 10-6.

Go Giants.

[/quote]
    It's only because the winner of the NFC East this year will be 9 - 7.

I have a feeling that even if we wind up losing and going 8-8, that this year is going to be a catalyst for a very positive 2012. We fought it out this entire year with a decimated team and only got blown out once (Saints).

Our younger guys in the LB corp and Prince got some valuable trial-by-fire experience, and even if they don't start next year, at least some of them should make for valuable back-ups / depth. JPP, Cruz and Ballard emerged, as well as possibly Petrus. And Eli elevated his play to top level.

I have a strong suspicion that in 2012, that we're going to be looking back at 2011 as a sort of pre-season / proving grounds for 2012.

[quote user="TuckYou"]

Wow.

Go Giants.

[/quote]
    This is very true. We have no business being anywhere close to a playoff spot and NFC East crown. With all the injury to key positions like you mentioned and that murderers row of a backend schedule, I figured no way we come close. Now Sunday night under the lights we got a shot and I will take it
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

it goes to show you just how talented eli, nicks, cruz, jpp and some supporting role players really are.

what team has a chance at the playoffs with the schedule we had all the while; last ranked run game, one of the worst defenses in the league, and a ton of injuries?

its been a special season for a few of our guys, i hope we make the playoffs and make a push bc i hate wasting the years some of our players had.

i still hold hope that this d and run game get going when it matters most. it doesnt matter how u get to the playoffs, it just matters you get there. the post season is a new season.

a few of the past super bowl winners had up and down seasons like we had, and ended up getting hot and winning it all; the colts the year before us their d and run game sucked until the post season. our super bowl year. green bay...

we got the qb, we got some of the best players in the league at there craft...its all about peaking at the right time. and thats one thing we can say definitively about our team, they haven't come close to playing there best collectively yet, not even close.

Veteran

This team has more heart than last year's. That can go a long way in the nfl.

[quote user="TuckYou"]

Wow.

Go Giants.

[/quote]

You're an idiot...................... please do not root for this team you think so little of

you're a downer

Resiliency.

Banned

Indeed. Hopefully we get this win, get in the playoffs, make some noise and build some confidence. Honestly though, we're very fortunate that we knocked off the Eagles without playing em because they were on a roll and who knows what kind of damage they could've done in the playoffs.

[quote user="BurnerNYG"]Indeed. Hopefully we get this win, get in the playoffs, make some noise and build some confidence. Honestly though, we're very fortunate that we knocked off the Eagles without playing em because they were on a roll and who knows what kind of damage they could've done in the playoffs.[/quote]

philly fans and players have got to be disappointed tremendously. they are a dangerous, talented team. but their issues were known; vicks ability to play a whole season, and if spending all that money on all those FA could replace the chemistry a team needs to succeed.

they were on a serious roll and looking real good, no one would want to face them in the post season. they're gonna have to let go of some players, this year was there best window to get that trophy. they'll be tough next year but not as stacked imo.

hopefully we can add some talent after we win it all and really be a complete team.