+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Go ahead and rip me for saying this.

I think the Giants should take a serious but a careful (if that makes sense) look at Dallas Clark. He's a FA and I'm sure with this neck injury, he may come cheap.

Re: Go ahead and rip me for saying this.

[quote user="comebacktiki"]I think the Giants should take a serious but a careful (if that makes sense) look at Dallas Clark. He's a FA and I'm sure with this neck injury, he may come cheap.[/quote]My bad, he's a FA in 2013 but I must of been reading that he may become a FA in 2012.
    Where I got the info, 13th one down
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...injury-report/

Clark would be worth looking at, although if Gilbride is still here, I don't see us spending big dollars on a Pass Catching TE.

Clark is a hell of a player, and it is not a bad thought though.

He has a as great a set of hands as anyone in the league, and we sure could use that.

When he is a FA sure go for it. Heck I will trade a 4th for him in the offseason.

He is a pathetic run blocker. That's how we use our TEs. I'd rather lock up Ballard or put the money elsewhere.

I wouldn't even take Clark for 2mil. We just can't use him.

Bench Player

[quote user="gmen0820"]He is a pathetic run blocker. That's how we use our TEs. I'd rather lock up Ballard or put the money elsewhere.

I wouldn't even take Clark for 2mil. We just can't use him.[/quote]

Lock up Ballard?? Is this really a priority?

[quote user="gmen0820"]He is a pathetic run blocker. That's how we use our TEs. I'd rather lock up Ballard or put the money elsewhere.

is he really a bad run blocker? i thought he was adequate at blocking.

Veteran

Guys if Ballard had stayed healthy he wouldve caught somewhere close to 45 balls in his first real season in the NFL. Give him another year and that may be 50-55 - thats more then efficient in this offense and more then Kevin Boss even came close to. I would like to see us find another TE reagrdless - certainly has worked well for the pats but still in FA i think LB and OL are bigger needs.

Clark is an againg vet who may still cost a bit - not usually Reese's MO.

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="gmen0820"]He is a pathetic run blocker. That's how we use our TEs. I'd rather lock up Ballard or put the money elsewhere.

is he really a bad run blocker? i thought he was adequate at blocking.[/quote]Bad run blocker and bad pass blocker too. This year he has been pretty bad in the pass game too, but that's expected because of Peyton goin down.

I wouldn't take him here with Gilbride.

Veteran

[quote user="comebacktiki"]I think the Giants should take a serious but a careful (if that makes sense) look at Dallas Clark. He's a FA and I'm sure with this neck injury, he may come cheap.[/quote]

that stanford TE, hes got great size and hands and i read hes not a bad blocker. if we could snag that kid in the 3rd or v4th, be sweet. thatGA TE too, but i think they will both be gone by then.

Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford
    Height: 6-6. Weight: 248.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.79.
    Projected Round (2012): 2-3.

12/14/11: Fleener has been a dangerous receiver for quarterback Andrew Luck. Thus far in 2011, he has 32 receptions for 648 yards and 10 touchdowns. Fleener runs good routes and is adept at exploiting the deep middle of the field on seam routes. He should be a good fit in many pro offenses. Fleener is a technically sound blocker and has been well coached at Stanford, but he should add some more bulk to help him as a blocker in the NFL.

or

Orson Charles*, TE, Georgia
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 241.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.66.
    Projected Round (2012): 2-3.

12/14/11: Charles had a good regular season as a receiver with 44 receptions for 572 yards and five touchdowns. There is no doubt that he is extremely fast and can produce big catches downfield. Charles is a mismatch for safeties and linebackers.

The junior had a big game to open the season against Boise State with six receptions for 109 yards and a touchdown. Even though Charles was held without a catch, he showed some good blocking against South Carolina. Charles would probably be better off returning for his senior season and improving. He still needs to add more weight and become a better blocker. His blocking needs to improve for him to be a three-down player in the NFL.

Id like one of those guys in the 3rd if they are there and both declare