+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: Steve Smith retired

  1. #11
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,931
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    What a shame.

    Confirms that he absolutely did the right thing for him and his family to take the money from the Eagles when he could.

    Big part of our SB42 win.
    And did the wrong thing not taking the contract offered by the Giants shortly before his injury.

  2. #12
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    Did Cruz have microfracture surgery? Not even remotely comparable.
    More along the lines that we had offered Smith a 5 year, $35m contract with $15m guaranteed just a few months before he screwed up his knee that he turned down, as he wanted to test the FA market.

  3. #13
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    36
    =[

  4. #14
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    And did the wrong thing not taking the contract offered by the Giants shortly before his injury.
    Yep, that too . . . . .

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    What a shame.

    Confirms that he absolutely did the right thing for him and his family to take the money from the Eagles when he could.

    Big part of our SB42 win.
    I am sure he could have done better for his family had he taken the 5 year, $35M deal Reese was offering him.

  6. #16
    All-Pro egyptian420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    11,285
    After the Giants this guy's career took a nosedive

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    The guy is retirng. He was a big part of NY Giants win in SuperBowl XLII and the very least we could do is wish him well and stop all the gloating over hislosing money on not taking the contract before he got hurt.

  8. #18
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    More along the lines that we had offered Smith a 5 year, $35m contract with $15m guaranteed just a few months before he screwed up his knee that he turned down, as he wanted to test the FA market.
    This !
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    The guy is retirng. He was a big part of NY Giants win in SuperBowl XLII and the very least we could do is wish him well and stop all the gloating over hislosing money on not taking the contract before he got hurt.
    That's not the giants MB way.

  10. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,688
    i'll never forget that big catch he made in super bowl 42. 3rd and 11 and gets the first down while also getting out of bounds to stop the clock. everyone talks about the tyree catch but this one was just as important.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBh6Y3Rp73c

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts